Top positive review
High amount of Chicory, but that's not a bad thing.
3 June 2018
Although this product is labelled as a coffee, it has only 53% of actual coffee (according to the packet). The remaining 47% is "chicory" powder. Now, if you are traditional coffee lover, you may be disappointed at first, as I was. I thought I was buying coffee. However, over time, I am becoming used to the mix of lower price with the added benefits of chicory ingestion.
Chicory has high nutritional value. Dried root powder contains over 90% Inulin, a highly beneficial source of fiber (soluble and insoluble). In addition, the chicory leaves contain many sources of essential nutrients. It is also a source of energy and a natural sweetener. Chicory also imparts a somewhat bitter taste.
The bottomline is that the addition of chicory actually enhances the nutritional value of the product. Of course, manufacturers save costs by cutting down on the amount of coffee they use. If you are fine with saving some costs and getting additional nutrition - highly processed coffee does not contain many nutrients - then this product is fine. Do not compare this to a 100% coffee product and you won't be disappointed. The price could be lower however.