Find more solutions
Once we receive your return or the seller notifies us of receipt of return, as the case may be, a refund is issued to the original payment method (in case of pre-paid transactions) or to your bank account / as Amazon Pay balance (in case of Pay on Delivery orders).
The refund time period for different modes of payments is provided below.
|Available refund method||Refund Time-frame|
|FBA orders (After the return is received by Amazon)||Seller-Fulfilled orders (After seller notifies Amazon of receipt of return)|
|Amazon Pay Balance*||2 hours|
|Credit Card/ Debit Card||2-4 Business Days||3-5 Business Days|
|Net Banking Account (Credited to Bank Account)|
|UPI Linked Bank Account||2-4 business days|
|Pay on Delivery Orders|
|NEFT to Bank Account||2-4 Business Days||3-5 Business Days|
|Amazon Pay Balance*||2 hours|
|Paper Cheque||8-10 business days|
*Amazon Pay balance is a sum of all balances associated with Amazon Gift Cards in your Amazon.in account. Amazon Gift Cards are issued Qwikcilver Solutions Private Limited and are subject to the Amazon Gift Card Terms and Conditions.
If the standard time-frame as mentioned in the above table has expired and you have still not received the refund, please contact your credit or debit card issuer or your bank for more information. Refunds will not be processed in cash. Refunds can be processed via paper cheque only in exceptional cases.
For Fulfilled by Amazon (FBA) orders:
1. If the payment method, which you used to make the payment (such as credit/ debit card) at the time of purchase, is no longer valid, refund will be issued through a demand draft.
2. If we receive a payment failure notice from your bank, refund will be issued through a demand draft.
We will send you an e-mail asking you to call us and provide your name and address where you want the demand draft to be sent. After we receive these details, refund will be initiated.
For Seller-Fulfilled orders:
1. For damaged/ defective items, the seller will issue a refund if the item cannot be repaired or replaced.
2. In any case where a refund is required, the seller(s) need to authorise that refund. Amazon.in can assist in facilitating refunds for you only when the seller notifies us of the receipt of the item. Once the seller notifies us of the receipt of the return item, the above refund time period will apply for processing refunds.
For Pay on Delivery orders, refunds will be processed either to your bank account (via National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT)) or Amazon account (as Amazon Pay balance).
If you wish to receive the Pay on Delivery order’s refund to your bank account, you can update the details of the bank account in Your Account section or from the Returns Centre when you are returning an item.
Note: Refunds cannot be processed to third-party accounts. The name on your Amazon account should match with the name of the bank account holder.
All cheque refunds will be in form of "at par" Deutsche Bank cheques. Deutsche All chequBank cheques are cleared locally in the following cities:
If you plan to present the cheque in person in any other city, ensure that your beneficiary bank sends the cheque for outstation clearing.
In case you plan to drop your cheque in a clearance box, please note the following:
- If you are dropping the cheque in a clearance box in any of the above cities, use the box marked Local Cheques.
- If you are dropping the cheque in a clearance box in any other city, use the box marked Outstation Cheques.
Failing to follow the above instructions might result in the cheque not being processed and a penalty being levied by the bank.
Note: Once a cheque is issued, Amazon will send you an e-mail with the tracking details of the refund cheque within 4 business days from the date of refund.
Note: If you incur return shipping charges over Rs.100 for returning large and heavy items, you can contact us for an additional refund. For refund of such additional charges, proof of payment, like a courier receipt needs to be submitted.
Note: The seller will not refund the shipping cost incurred in case of remorse returns.
Was this information helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please select what best describes the information:
Thanks! While we're unable to respond directly to your feedback, we'll use this information to improve our online Help.