19 September 2018
I wanted an affordable silent fan that would move sufficient air to cool a 15 X 15 foot room, and this fan does the trick. Effective space where you get a decent breeze is about 12 feet on the floor, and it spins fast enough to put my old fan to shame. I am, undeniably, a fan of Orient now, having sworn ( like most ' traditional indians') by Crompton Greaves for decades. I find this very silent and fast, not to mention light and easy to install. Build quality was pretty decent and the moulding did not raise any alarms. The only quirk I had with it was that one of the supplementary safety screws ( not the main bolt nut unit that holds the weight, many companies and fans do not need more provide this extra attachment) does not screw on properly to the motor unit from the pipe- it's an issue with perhaps not so accurate drilling of the hole in the shaft- nothing too serious, but I'd have been happy if that fit in as well, especially when supplied along from manufacturer. I bought two fans, and the same issue was there on both, perhaps a batch issue. At any rate, they make excellent fans for an Indian summer, and I find myself reducing the speed since they are more that satisfactory even at medium speeds. I'd recommend this as a reasonably priced fan that does the job fairly well.
review image