15 April 2019
1. First of all the dimensions mentioned in amazon's website were incorrect. I already had a provision in my wall (including frame) to fix 1 Ton AC and based on the size mentioned in amazon, I understood there won't be any issue to fix this AC. However, after opening the box it was understood size of the AC is much bigger than the figures mentioned. Hence cutting of the wall was needed. I will blame the seller for this harassment, otherwise I would have gone for some other brand with smaller size, appropriate with the provision kept.

2. I prepaid an amount of Rs 650 to amazon but after delivering the item, I got a call from local service center and they demanded Rs 550 extra and they specifically said they won't fix the AC unless the amount is fixed. Hence I had to cancel the prepaid amount paid to amazon in advance. It can be further noted I didn’t book any call with Hitachi, prior to receiving this call.

3. After coming to my home technician demanded a charge of Rs 2,700, for wall cutting and fixing. As per their definition of “Standard Installation” doesn't cover wall cutting. However I refused to take their woods (for the frame) and given the spare ply board that I had to create the new frame and for that they demanded Rs 2,250 for everything. Although that was too high, since we pay Rs 950 (500 + 450) to one mistiri and one labor for the whole day.

4. When they started working, I realized they don't have any tool to do the masonry work and they were trying to fix the cement and sand mixture (also supplied by me) with their fingers. They didn't even have any tool to check the alignment as well. While working they made 1/2 inch depth hole in my marble floor and scratched it very badly by pushing the AC on the sandy floor (just immediate after the masonry work). They kept the back side wall unfinished which is very much accessible, as the back side of the AC is exposed in veranda (kindly have a glance of the picture). Post installation they even refused to remove the rubbish from my room and veranda. Although once I gave them the monitory break up that I would have paid only Rs 950 for this entire work for the entire day to 1 mistiri and 1 labor with much superior quality work, they removed it.

4. Finally while preparing the bill they wrote Rs 550 for fixing and Rs 1700 in the row allocated for "Spare / Material etc."

I am happy with the product in fact Hitachi is my one of the most favorite brand for consumer product, however I would never purchase any AC from Hitachi in future (as I never had this kind of bad experience (as well as costly) while installing any AC from other reputed brands.
review image