7 June 2019
The new Oneplus 7 appears almost identical to Op 6t and I felt difficulty to find out a noticeable difference at the first glance, except for the colour. Even the official OP 6t flip cover and tempered glass protector fit nicely with OP 7, but you can’t use the back case because of the placement of the power switch, alert slider and volume rocker. My observations after a day of moderate to heavy use are:
1. Design and look: Not new to a OP 6t user like myself, but Mirror Grey colour is more appealing than the Mirror Black. Buttons are better placed than OP 6t.
2. Fingerprint scanner and face unlock are faster and more responsive.
3. Appears a bit faster but I failed to detect any commendable difference from OP 6t.
4. Sound output is definitely better.
5. Camera performance is slightly better than OP 6t, but focusing suffers in low light situation. Low light performance has been improved (see photo attached) but needs further improvement. Hope, the problem will be solved by future updates.
6. Video quality has been improved but still not comparable to its competitors.
7. Battery back up appears to be slightly better than OP 6t possibly due to 7nm Snapdragon 855 SOC, but it is too early to make any inference.
8. Excellent value for money; at 33000 bucks it’s a hot cake.
9. Absence of a USB C to 3.5 mm audio adapter in the box is a great disappointment.
10. I did not test its gaming performance, but it will be at least as good as OP 6t.
Its too early to arrive at any inference, but it’s a nice flagship phone for day to day use. However, in my opinion, the existing OP 6t users may ignore the new OP Avtar as this one is a good but not great upgrade. I will make a full list of my observations after using it thoroughly.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
5 people found this helpful