15 March 2019
I recently upgraded from camel student tubes and Faber Castello tubes to this very cute tin box of camel artists grade cakes .

First the metal box is very nice , with few adjustments to the palette, the box is spacious enough to add a brush pen, few brushes and small water container. The lid is large enough to mix colors. It is little blue for me, I will cost it with white enamel paint later...

As for the cakes themselves, they are easy to rewet..like the Colors..I agree with one of the reviews that they dry to a Matt finish, but I like my water color painting to be very transparent..so little pigment goes a long way for my ink and washes..very creamy cakes..worth the money..

Now, if you see the images , the swatches are done with maximum amount of pigment on 70gsm paper. I want to use water color for my daily Journaling. I use a normal note book and the box with all the brushes allows me to carry the paints without taking anything extra.
Last one was done on drawing paper..
You can do layering very well with these..
Faber Castell synthetic brushes work great with these cakes..
They are absolutely worth the money..
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
14 people found this helpful