Amazon Editors Picks - August 2019 mens-fashion Mobile family kate-spade

4 June 2019
There's Something About Sandhya Menon... the author who releases one adorable book after the other. Right from the time of her debut When Dimple Met Rishi, she somehow always manages to hit all the right notes, and deliver totally delightful reads every.single.time. And this book is no exception.

I know most of us will introduce this book as Ashish's story (from When Dimple Met Rishi) because we "met" & loved him first. And okay, while it is his story too, and he is somehow even more adorable in this book - make no mistake - like the title & the cover indicate - this is, for the most part, The Sweetie Show!

And what a show it is! Sweetie Nair is the sweetest kind of badass there is. And I realize there is a contradiction here, but that's Sweetie Nair for you, and you really have to read the book to know what I mean.

But I have to say this - an overweight, yet athletic & fit Indian American teen who is confident in her own skin and is out to prove that she is more than her dress size, is just the kind of champion that the YA body positivity movement needed, and they've now found it in Sweetie Nair, who btw totally rocks the fat girl game!

And the book & story do justice to this amazing heroine. Because it's a super sweet & heartwarming YA romance, that has it all from adorable characters and swoony romance to open communication, to adult involvement (okay maybe a little more than needed) to good cultural representation, minus the needless angst (though I have to say I do love a good dose of romantic angst every now and then).

All in all: An adorable love story to go bonkers over! Highly recommend it to all teens and young adults, but especially to the desi kids!

*I received a review copy through NetGalley. The opinions, as always, are completely mine.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink