15 May 2019
So, I completed Rakshanda Jalal's But You Don't Look Like A Muslim by Harpercollinsin
🙅
Contemplating. Contemporary. Hot topic with dents.
She is competitive for authors who are still on their first red carpet. But I guess red carpets aren't for me man. I thought highly of this book with all the promotions and the cover which is strikingly beautiful! But the writing reads out as a dissertation rather than a flow which such a book is expected of! I loved her musings, her research ( NOW everyone who reads my reviews knows this that I love A GOOD RESEARCH AND IMPORTANTLY, A GOOD RESEARCHER) and the title is a win-win. But some chapters are on catnip maybe. They are dull. That some sync. The reasoning which one expects from the title is lost on me by the time the book ends. The hyped book is justified but it doesn't have a body. It's scattered. Musings are mostly scattered. 🤦

And I believe that readers are actually looking for Meaning, a story and a hookup! But this book doesn't have any of those. Instead read this when you have already read Jalil and loved her! Or if you a pragmatic person with a penchant for non fiction. This book has some amazing quotes but over all, I was let down. It's like the same ranting is expressed in a hundred different ways and examples which isn't required. I mean go blog. Right? 🤦🤦
#butyoudontlooklikeamuslim