International yoga day mens fashion family

18 October 2015
I read this after I came back from doing the Three passes trek in the Everest region. It felt wonderful to relive some parts of the journey as the author chronicles their trip to the Base camp.The book itself is wonderfully written and the excerpts at the beginning of each chapters are very profound and moving.There were some parts of the book which strongly resonated with me.The way he captures the fever, the madness that drives people to climb mountains and Everest in general is very pure and true. I read the book in 8 hrs in one day.It is very engaging and it really offers some very interesting insights in the minds of so many men and women who put themselves through the grueling task of climbing mountains.

Some excerpts(no spoilers) :

"....prestige was earned by tackling the most unforgiving routes with minimal equipment, in the boldest style imaginable"

"It was titillating to brush up against the enigma of mortality, to steal a glimpse across its forbidden frontier. Climbing was a magnificent activity, I firmly believed, not in spite of the inherent perils, but precisely because of them.”

For me, these two parts just captured the complete essence of the allure of the mountains which are dangerous, but beautiful.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink