28 September 2019
I have recently been obsessed with poetry so when I got my hands on this one, I couldn't stop myself from reading it.

The title and cover demand attention! It's so fascinating and intriguing that one has to dive right in to explore the depths of it.

'Femonomic: Women Invite Crime' is a collection of poems based on social issues. It covers subjects like rape, female infanticide, love, molestation and feelings of helplessness. This book explores the depths of the things going on in a woman's heart and mind.

The flow of poetry is smooth. Each poem is beautifully weaved, though I liked some more than the others. Honestly, I connected to some of the poems so well but some just felt vague to me, I didn't get from where the poetess was coming but that's the thing about poetry. You can't understand all of it only by reading it once. Poetry needs to be felt rather than being understood and the poetess did a great job at that.

Some of the poems I absolutely adored are:-
- To Love
- Tumble
- I don't know what to name it
- Who am I
- The tragedy of self-love
- Prostitution
- Tender gender
- Women and balderdash

A must-read for all the poetry lovers. I feel that poetry is the most powerful way of expressing and I loved how the poetess expressed social issues in the form of poetry. Kudos to her!
0Comment Report abuse Permalink