20 September 2016
Samsung has finally touched the correct design track for its premium S line-up. The S7 edge is truly a masterclass piece with some some jaw-dropping specs and a completely waterproof design. The company has also worked upon its home based ui touchwiz which runs on top of marshmallow to be more user friendly. Let us talk about my unboxing experience and complete review.
IN THE BOX:
Samsung greets us with its beast on the top followed by some user manuals and documentation. The box also packs in some earbuds, power brick and a micro-usb cable.The power adapter comes with the fast charging technology.
REVIEW:
1.The glass on glass design with curved edges provide an eye- catchy design. For me, I am not a big fan of it as it is quite slippery and is definitely a fingerprint magnet.
2. The device features its own Exynos 8890 processor under the hood with 4GB of RAM which turned out to very fast and power efficient. RAM management was also great in the device as it could handle 5-6 games in the background without any lag or stutter.
3. 3600mAH huge battery lasted me for more than a day. I could easily squeeze out a day and a half with moderate usage. Heating was also not an issue with fast charger or wireless charger for that matter.
4. IP68 resistance is great to have as I had no problem using it in the shower while talking on the phone.
5. The Super-Amoled display has great viewing angles and the color reproduction is the best I have seen in the smartphone industry. Always-on display is another feature with adds a diamond to its crown.
6. Software is still not the best. It definitely needs further filtration especially with its bloatware.
7. Camera quality is the best in the smartphone industry with accurate color reproduction and a beautiful HDR mode.
8. Speakers are just decent and it could have been better if they provided us with stereo speakers.
VERDICT: This phone is probably the best flagship out there hands down. With a smooth gaming and video experience and a great camera which performs well under low light, this phone wins the crown hands down. With its elegant design and beastly specs, there should not be any second thought while purchasing this device. This continues to be my daily driver even after 6 months.
review imagereview imagereview image