Children's bookshelf - July mens fashion Mobile family womens fashion

20 July 2017
Jeeves as the title goes is the right hand man of Bertie Wooster, a hardcore English (Johnny English and Mr Bean came to my mind). These short stories are some of the actions Bertie has and is always saved by the ever efficient Jeeves, who has solution to all his worldly problems. The problems could be as big as what to wear for an evening party to a formal meeting, to what to eat and what to have with tea. How to take care of uninvited guests, solutions to even Bertie's friends problems are a left hand job for the charming man Jeeves. Now Jeeves is definitely not from the same planet that we inhabit as he doesn't walk, talk or do other humanely stuff, he floats on the floor, seriously you've got to read in PGW's words, how he enters a room, roams around doing his chores, how he talks and advises them, gets their attention (I love his coughing). But beware of what he hates, his mood swings are to die for. Imagine when his master decides to grow a mustache, the world must come to an end for Jeeves. He is totally a damn good lovable character that you just cant get enough of. This book and these characters of Bertie and Jeeves got me thinking that aren't they English's response to our own "Akbar and Birbal"?. If you have read PGW and these stories, I am sure you will agree with me here, would love to know your thoughts on that. Also, there is a mention of Bertie's Aunt Agatha who lives in London, I guess comically they are referring to Agatha Christie? may be. Since this was my first PGW, I am yet to explore it fully but any light thrown on these characters from the experience and well read crowd will be highly appreciated.

Do let me know if you have read this one or his other works, how did you like them? As I am definitely inclined to go further poor by getting his all other works too. Which one you recommend that I jump to after my next King book which I am about to start soon ;). And if you are as ignorant and an unread person like me, who hasn't heard of PGW, go rob a book store, hide behind it and read some of his works before showing your face to your well read friends. I am ready for the brick bat anyways as just cant lie about books that I haven't read or writers that I haven't heard of :(.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink