Amazon Best Reads-February mens fashion family

2 November 2018
I cannot possible do justice review in a few words this great book and I am not capable enough to review such a great work as this.

I can say Nehru was a genius and there is no doubt about it once one reads this book. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this. It's a huge book around 700 pages.
This book will definitely shape the way we think about India and also life as such, since there is also lot of philosophy inthis book. This book would move you emotionally. In the era where people blindly ape the west, this book tries to take us to our roots just what the title of the book says. It shows us how advanced a civilization indians were, when compared to the Greeks or Romans. What were the contributions of India to the world. It also tells us where and how we failed in the modern times and tries to explain what we need to do to reclaim that glory. This book touches everything from the harrappa mohenjodaro times to the time just before we got independence. This book combines history, philosophy and a little bit of biography as well. This book also discusses the problems faced by India, including that of partition and also the world issues. It discusses the possible solutions to it.
The epilogue is so poetic, emotional and beautiful, that it almost made me cry and I didn't want the book to end.
This book deserves to be read more than once and should be read by every Indian. I would definitely do that.
One person found this helpful
0Comment Report abuse Permalink