2 January 2017
I guess Ramayana is the most repeated story ever in this world. Well correct me if I am wrong but that's what I have understood from having read and gone through so many versions of it but frankly the lessons are too big to be contained in a small space

The book was perhaps one of its kind where I saw Ramayana tackled in a high fantasy fashion but to be honest you can't actually call the book a proper renarration of Ramayana because the theme definitely is ramayana, the battle of Lanka but the author has used the core points and have given the rest of the attention to narrating the story of a boy of modern time who suddenly finds the relevance of Ramayana in modern times.

It's interesting to see how as a normal teenager our central character refuses to blindly follow the story and its importance unless time makes him see it's relevance

If what is stopping you from picking this book is because you feel that it would just another Ramayana version then you would be surprised that it doesn't even count in retrospect to what is happening with the whole book.

Language is simple and absolutely smooth. No heavy dose of Thesaurus or philosophies . It can be treated as a high fantasy plot where a boy fights his way through demon to learn some interesting lessons about life.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink