30 July 2019
Fix Her Up by Tessa Bailey is an adult romance novel. It revolves around Georgette 'Georgie' Castle who is our female protagonist and the town clown, her siblings Stephen & Bethany, her friend Rosie and her brother's best friend who happens to be the love of her life — Travis Ford aka 'Two Bats'.

The plot isn't something unique but it's full of drama that is enjoyable. I loved the fact that the author made Georgie overcome all the labels she had been given since her childhood in a way that was relatable and also inspiring. Even though the book follows the "Fake dating" trope, ironically the bond between Travis and Georgie is anything but fake. Their relationship does seems weird to both of them at first, with Travis being Georgie's best friend but as the story progressed, the awkwardness transformed into deep understanding and undeniable chemistry.

All the characters are given enough attention for them to breathe and be able to stand out as an individual being and not as a prop for the storyline which is something I really appreciate in the book.

The authors writing style is really smooth and she has the ability to keep you entertained with vivid narration, witty one liners, and perfect comic timing.

I loved the cover and even though at first I was skeptical about the title, after reading the book, I can say it does justice to the story.

I would recommend it to people who are looking for a fun story with relatable characters.
3 people found this helpful