Amazon.in’s Great Indian Sale Round Up
Bengaluru, 11 Aug 2016: Amazon.in witnessed an impressive sales growth in the recently concluded Great Indian Sale (Aug 8th– 10th). Day 1 of the Great Indian Sale became the biggest day ever in the history of Amazon.in with the first 100K units sold at midnight. Three days of the event witnessed 3X increase in traffic, unit sales and revenue over the daily run rate
Manish Tiwary, Vice President Category Management, Amazon India said, “We are thrilled to see the continued response from customers across the country for the Great Indian Sale. Customers shopped enthusiastically across all product categories and platforms. We are very excited to see that our participating sellers received orders from thousands of pin codes and many small homegrown brands witnessed their biggest sale days. This only reinforces our belief that customers care for vast selection available to them at low prices and a fast & reliable delivery experience.”
Key highlights --
• Traffic, unit sales and revenue grew 3X as compared to the daily run rate.
• More than 2/3rd customers who shopped were from Tier II and below geographies
• Most categories witnessed growth up to 3X as compared to their daily run rate
• Amazon Fashion saw phenomenal growth of 4X this sale season
• Top Categories were – Mobile phones, Apparel, Beauty, Books and Home products
• Some of the popular products were
o Moto G4
o Redmi Note 3
o Samsung on7 Pro
o Harry Potter-Cursed Child
o Pampers Large Size Diaper pants
o Maybelline Colossal Kajal
o Orpat Dry Iron
o Singer Jiffy Mixer Grinder
o Decals Design Tree with Birds and Cages wall sticker
o Kent water purifier
o Karcher Vacuum Cleaner
• In terms of traffic, the Great Indian Sale was another record-breaking success for sellers of all sizes participating in the event. Sellers on Amazon.in offering deals saw orders nearly triple year-over-year during the three day period.
• Most participating sellers from Tier II and below cities witnessed a sales growth of 2X as compared to their average daily sales
• Several small homegrown brands witnessed their highest ever sales including YouBella, Decals Design, Sukkhi, Shining Diva, Meenaz, Indian Art Villa, Autofurnish, HNG Retail, Bean Factory and more
• 10 lakh seller club grew by 60% during the three days of the event
• Surf Excel was the top selling brand in Health & Personal Care category
• Under Grocery, Lipton emerged as the leading brand
• In Toys, Sapphire Ferrari Toy was the most popular product during the event.
• The Baby category witnessed the largest sale of Pampers Large Size Diaper pants over the 3 day period
• Top selling products in Beauty were Maybelline Colossal Kajal and Indulekha Bringha Oil
• Top selling brand in Personal Care appliances was Philips
• Exam preparation books witnessed a growth of 10X
• Large Appliances saw a sales jump of 9X over the daily run rate
• The Software category witnessed its biggest ever sale in during this event
• Customers purchased as many TVs in these three days as they do in a whole month
• With the number of pencils sold in the first two days of the sale, one can draw lines to cover the perimeter of India two times over
All customers on www.amazon.in and the Amazon mobile shopping app have an easy and convenient access to 65 million products across hundreds of categories. They benefit from a safe and secure ordering experience, convenient electronic payments, Cash on Delivery, Amazon’s 24x7 customer service support, and a globally recognized and comprehensive 100% purchase protection provided by Amazon’s A-to-Z Guarantee. They can also enjoy Amazon.in’s guaranteed next-day, two day delivery, Sunday and Morning delivery on products fulfilled by Amazon.
The Amazon.in marketplace is operated by Amazon Seller Services Private Ltd, an affiliate of Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN). Amazon.in seeks to build the most customer-centric online destination for customers to find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online by giving them more of what they want – vast selection, low prices, fast and reliable delivery, and a trusted and convenient experience; and provide sellers with a world-class e-commerce platform.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about.