Romance is in the air!
Amazon.in releases the list of Most Romantic Cities in India
Mumbai, New Delhi and Bangalore top the list in the “Romantic” Indian cities
Bengaluru, February 09, 2016: : Mumbai, New Delhi and Bangalore are the three most romantic cities in India finds Amazon.in’s Most Romantic Cities in India report. The list is compiled basis the sales of books, movies and music albums in the Romance category on Amazon.in in the last one year. This year, Jewelry & Watches, the most sought-after romantic gifting items have also been included the report.
The land of Bollywood, Mumbai topped the list of the Most Romantic Cities in buying and watching romantic movies and music albums, while New Delhi was romantically inclined to books. Bengaluru believes in wooing with romantic gifts and has topped in the sales of jewelry & watches on Amazon.in. The three metros, despite hectic lives and tight routines, seem to be soft in matters of the heart!
Some of the interesting findings of the Amazon.in’s Most Romantic Cities report are
• New Delhi loves to read about love, while Mumbai loves romantic movies & music; Bangalore, the traditional romantic, was the highest purchaser of jewelry
• In Delhi, Chetan Bhagat’s Half Girlfriend was the top selling Romantic book; followed by Preeti Shenoy’s Life is what you Make it and Ravinder Singh’s I Too Had a Love Story
• In the Romantic movies category in Mumbai Malayalam film titled Premam topped the charts while Hindi movies, Tanu weds Manu and Dil Dhadakne Do were featured second and third in the report
• Kolkata and Goa loved the English romantic movie, The Theory of Everything
• Arijit Singh’s album Soulful Voice was the most popular romantic music album¸ while AR Rahman’s O Kadhal Kanmani was the second most popular album
• Youngsters in love chose artists like One Direction, Taylor Swift and Adele featuring in the top 5 most sold romantic music albums
• While the Top 8 metros continue to shop more during Valentine’s Day, orders from Tier II and Tier II cities have been growing significantly
• True to the phrase that you can win a woman’s heart through Jewllery, Amazon.in witnessed a 2xgrowth in fashion jewellery against last year around V-Day. Rings, bracelets and ornamental bejeweled roses were some of the most popular.
• Watches are amongst the most gifted items during Valentine’s day and have seen 3x growth since last year’s V-day. Analog watches are the most preferred one accounting for 80% of overall demand across cities, with ana-digi watches coming in close second. Round-dial shape is the most preferred followed by rectangular/square watches and black seems to be the all time favourite colour in watches.
Amazon.in has launched a Valentine’s Day store offering a wide range of gifting options to choose from. Consumers can choose the appropriate gift for their loved one from across categories like mobiles, Consumer electronics, fashion, books, gardening and tools, personal care, toys, mugs, photo frames and lots more. Amzon.in has also launched an exclusive Jewellery Valentine Day store. It comprises of selection handpicked from India’s largest jewellery store
All Consumers on www.amazon.in and the Amazon mobile shopping app have an easy and convenient access to over 40 million products across hundreds of categories. They benefit from a safe and secure ordering experience, convenient electronic payments, Cash on Delivery, Amazon’s 24x7 customer service support, and a globally recognized and comprehensive 100% purchase protection provided by Amazon’s A-to-Z Guarantee. They can also enjoy Amazon.in’s guaranteed next-day, two day delivery, Sunday and Morning delivery on products fulfilled by Amazon.
The Amazon.in marketplace is operated by Amazon Seller Services Private Ltd, an affiliate of Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN). Amazon.in seeks to build the most customer-centric online destination for customers to find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online by giving them more of what they want – vast selection, low prices, fast and reliable delivery, and a trusted and convenient experience; and provide sellers with a world-class e-commerce platform.
Amazon.com opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995. The company is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon.