Madurai Health and Leprosy Relief Centre
Causes supported: Health
To give products to Madurai Health and Leprosy Relief Centre, browse:
1. Wish List
Madurai Health and Leprosy Relief Centre (MAHELERECEN)
Madurai Health and Leprosy Relief Centre (MAHELERECEN) is a non-profit charitable organization based in Madurai City, Tamil Nadu, India. Mahelerecen does voluntary health promotion and preventive services for general health education, leprosy awareness classes, case detection, treatment and rehabilitation services for leprosy disabled population among slum and rural population of Madurai since 1991. Mahelerecen has 550 patients under its care.
Mahelerecen also provides loans without interest to help them start new business. It also organizes mobile clinic programmes with doctors every week, with doctors going to villages to cure leprosy patients. It also organizes regular skin check-up and health awareness programmes in schools every week.
1. Received GuideStar India Transparency Key (2018, 2017, 2016)
2. Received CSR Certificate of Merit’ at World CSR Congress (2017)
Geographical Presence and Impact
• Helped many people to discover their diseases in early stage, who are now taking treatment and rehabilitation in the organization.
• More than 70 patients have been benefited from their rehabilitation programme.
• Recorded over 575 cases out of which more than 179 cases have G2D deformities.
• Provided regular MCR (Micro Cellular Rubber) chapels to patients with ulcer problems, in March 2017.
• Started the Elders Self Help Group. Every group has about 12-15 members amongst which few leprosy people and elderly village people are also present, as per the guidelines by Help Age India.
• Decrease in new cases of diseases.
Get updates on Gift a smile
> Sign up now