Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is KYC? Why do I need to complete KYC?
Amazon Pay balance is RBI regulated pre-paid instrument which mandates completion of FULL KYC within one year of account opening. Customer will not be able to add money into the account post 1 year, however there is no restriction on using the existing balance
2. How is it different from minimum KYC detail provided earlier?
Minimum KYC detail, providing officially valid document number, is required to open Amazon pay balance account with validity of one year. To continue using Amazon pay balance account you need to complete full KYC
3. What do I need to verify before submitting KYC request?
a) Name on Amazon pay balance should be same as KYC documents
b) Should have valid Government issued address proof– Driving license/Passport/Voter card and PAN card
c) Note: Customer placing KYC request should be present at the time of KYC verification
4. What all documents needs to be submitted for completing KYC?
a) Photocopy of Government issued address proof– Driving license/Passport/Voter card and PAN card
b) One passport size photograph
c) Note: When our agent comes to collect these documents, you'll also need to show the original documents to him for verification purpose
5. How long will it take for my account to be upgraded?
Doorstep KYC process takes around 12 days to complete. Amazon will send notification on the status of your application
6. How will I know if my account is upgraded?
You will receive SMS and email notification once the KYC verification is complete. Your account limits will be upgraded to 1 lakh for the month