Amazon Game Store
Gamer: Bhavin Kotwani, Game: CS: GO, Gamer Name: HellrangeR
Rank: India Top 5
When you talk about gaming in India, you have to talk about HyperX. For every gaming event, I have been ever present, be it as a spectator or as a professional gamer, HyperX is always present, either as a sponsor of the event or just to encourage e-sports in general. Sponsoring one of the biggest Indian events, i.e. ESL India Premiership is in itself a Statement of their commitment to Indian E-sports.
1.Types of features in gaming peripherals appealing to beginners’/ entry level gamers vs. seasoned gamers.
- For gamers at the entry level, good looks and flashy appearance are the main criteria. They might also be lured in with peripherals having RGB lightings regardless of the quality of the product.
- In the case of seasoned gamers, the first and the foremost thing that is required is performance and quality. Everything from headset to mice to keyboard need to be absolutely on point, and it is different for different gamers. One might prefer a HyperX Cloud 2 headset, while another would prefer the HyperX Revolver, it all depends on the comfort and preference.
2.What encourages gamers to think of a new purchase? Offers/ New releases/ upcoming events/ influenced by popular game stars?
- Gamers are often encouraged to purchase new products, when there is something new or different to offer. For example, it can be the new 4k Monitors in the market, or the new 244 hz monitors. Also for people who like to game and relax, both would be enticed by surround sound speakers/monitors.
- Entry level/ Casual gamers might also be encouraged to purchase new products just because of its looks.
- New releases, combo offers are another reason for which generally people are motivated to purchase.
3.Popular events that majority of gamers look forward to
- In India, majority of the gamers are looking forward to events like ESL India premiership, IESC, ROG masters, Zowie Extremesland, ESWC, IESF, ILG, Taiwan Excellence.
4.According to you, which PC games would appeal to these levels of gamers :–
a. Mobile player: Age of Empires, Need for Speed Series, Cricket Games.
b. Entry level player: GTA Series, Need For speed Series, FIFA, Call Of Duty.
c. Seasoned player: GTA Series, Batman Series, Assassin’s Creed and E-Sports titles.
d. Pro player: E-Sports Titles like Counter Strike Global offensive, Dota2, Overwatch, Injustice etc.
5.What is the optimal range of price point that gamers exercise within?
- On Games – 1-3 K / Game
- On System – 30 – 60 K
- On Accessories- 2-10 K (for all of them keyboard, Mouse, Mousepad , etc)
o On games – 1-5K (Generally E-Sports Titles)
o On System- 50-150 K
o On Accessories – 5- 20 K(For all of them)
6.What would a gamer like to see in a gaming store?
- In a gaming store, it is very important to have most of the popular games available out there.
- Gaming peripherals are also a very key asset in a gaming store and peripherals from all the top gaming brands are a bare minimum to be made available.
- It should be made possible to have reviews on all the games and the peripherals, and also allowing those who purchase the same to review the product.
- Heavy discounts, Quick billing are factors that also influence a customer.
- Pre-booking/Pre-Orders must be made available and it should be made sure that there are no technical glitches throughout.
- If possible, Trial/demo runs should be made available for new/expensive games so that people can try it and buy it once they are sure.