Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is the SBI Debit Card and Credit Cards Offer?
Get 10% cashback if you shop using the Amazon.in website or mobile site, and 15% cashback if you shop using the Amazon.in mobile application, with SBI Debit Card or Credit Card from 9th August to 12th August, 2017.
2. How can I avail this offer?
Shop as usual with your SBI Debit Card or Credit Card to pay. As long as Rs.5,000 or more is charged to your SBI Debit Card or Credit Card while making a purchase on amazon.in/Amazon App, you will be entitled to avail the cashback offer.
3. When will I get the cash back?
The applicable cash back under this Offer will be credited to the eligible customer’s card account latest by November 12, 2017.
4. What is the minimum transaction size for the cashback for the duration of the event?
The minimum transaction amount to avail cash back is Rs.5,000 in a single transaction, net of refunds and cancellations.
5. What is the maximum cash back that I can avail?
The maximum cash back per card account is Rs.1,500 across Site and App during the Offer Period.
6. Is cash back under this Offer applicable on credit and debit cards?
Yes, the cashback is available on both, SBI Debit Card or Credit Card.
7. Can I avail cash back on credit card on EMI?
Yes, the cash back under this Offer is also applicable on EMI availed on SBI Credit Cards.
8. Can I avail cash back on card payment for cash on delivery orders? Are net banking transactions also included in this Offer?
Yes, the cash back under this Offer is also applicable on card payment (only through SBI Debit Card or Credit Card) made for cash on delivery orders placed during the Offer Period i.e. customers who have chosen the option of cash-on-delivery while placing an order and chose to use SBI Debit Card or Credit Card for payment on delivery of the order. However, please note that the facility for payment through cards on delivery is subject to availability of the card accepting machine at the time of delivery and the same cannot be guaranteed. In order to not lose out on the benefits under the Offer, we highly recommend that you pay with your SBI Debit Card or Credit Card online at the time of placing the order.
Further, net banking transactions are NOT included in this Offer.
9. My Amazon.in order includes Amazon.in Gift Card(s); will I be eligible for a cash back under this Offer? Is the Offer applicable on purchase of all products?
No, the cash back under this Offer is not applicable on purchase of:
i. Amazon.in Gift Card(s)
ii. Bank cards (such as RBL and ticket compliments GCs)
iii. Samsung mobile and tablet devices, except for Samsung Galaxy On5 Pro, Samsung Galaxy On7 Pro, Samsung Galaxy C7 Pro, and Samsung Galaxy On8 mobile devices
iv. Redmi 4/4A devices
v. Oppo devices
vi. Gold & precious jewelry items (including silver, diamond, platinum)
vii. Annual Paid Prime membership
viii. Kindle e-books
ix. Amazon Pay balance
Hence, if your order contains any of the above, your cash back under this Offer will be the amount net of the amount towards the above items.
10. My payment failed while placing the order; will I be eligible for the cash back under this Offer?
If your payment failed while placing an order, Amazon.in gives you an option to revive your payment for such order. If you revise your payment within the offer duration, you will be eligible for the cashback. For more information on revise payment, Click here
Terms & Conditions
- This offer ("Offer") is made available to you by State Bank of India (“Bank”) or SBI Cards and Payment Services Private Limited ("SBICPSL"), along with Amazon Pay (India) Private Limited (formerly known as Amazon Online Distribution Services Private Limited) ("Amazon"), on the website www.amazon.in ("Website", including mobile site thereof) and on the mobile application thereof ("App") (the Website and the App shall collectively be referred to as "Amazon.in").
- These Offer terms and conditions ("Offer Terms") are in addition to the Amazon.in Conditions of Use & Sale and Privacy Notice to which you agree to by using Amazon.in. In the event of any conflict between the Conditions of Use & Sale and these Offer Terms, these Offer Terms will prevail, only for the purposes of this Offer.
- The purchase of any product on Amazon.in will be governed by the terms of sale, including terms of or restrictions (if any) on exchange, applicable to the sale of the Product on Amazon.in.
- All residents of India holding a valid and current (i) debit card issued by Bank; or (ii) credit card issued by SBICPSL (each a "Card") are eligible to avail the Offer (the holder of a Card, a "Cardholder").
- The Offer is valid from August 9, 2017 to August 12, 2017 (both days inclusive) ("Offer Duration"), unless extended or revoked by Amazon (in its sole discretion), without any prior notice and without any liability.
- Under this Offer, a Cardholder who, during the Offer Duration, makes any purchase from Amazon.in and makes payment for the purchase using a Card, will be entitled to receive a cashback equivalent to:
a. 10% of the total purchase value for the successful purchase transaction(s) made through the Website, provided Cardholder has made purchases for a minimum amount of INR 5,000 on the Website during the Offer Duration; or
b. 15% of the total purchase value for the successful purchase transaction(s) made through the App, provided Cardholder has made purchases for a minimum amount of INR 5,000 on the App during the Offer Duration.
- Each Cardholder can avail a maximum cashback of INR 1,500 per Card Account under this Offer, irrespective of number of purchases made on Amazon.in using the Card.
- In relation to the present Offer, it is clarified that in the event a Cardholder makes purchases equivalent to or in excess of INR 5,000 each on the Website as well as the App during the Offer Duration using the same Card, the maximum amount of cashback that such Cardholder will be entitled to on such Card is INR 1,500 (and not INR 3,000).
- It is clarified that this Offer is valid only on the purchase of physical products on Amazon.in, including the products that are discounted, and is not applicable on the purchase of any digital content. The Offer is also not applicable on the purchase of: (i) Amazon.in Gift Cards; (ii) Bank cards (RBL, ticket compliments etc.); (iii) Amazon Prime subscription; (iv) any gold coins, gold & precious jewelry items (including silver, diamond, platinum); (v) Samsung-branded mobile phones and tablet devices, except for Samsung Galaxy On5 Pro and Samsung Galaxy On7 Pro mobile devices; (vi) Redmi 4/4A devices; (vii) Oppo devices; (viii) Kindle e-books; and/or (ix) Amazon Pay balance
- This Offer is also applicable on payment made by Cardholders using the 'Cash on Delivery' payment option provided that: (a) the order(s) is placed by the Cardholders on Amazon.in during the Offer Duration; and (b) the Cardholder, at the time of delivery of the order, makes the payment via a card accepting machine carried by the delivery associate, using the Card. In the event, for any reason, the card accepting machine is not available or is not working, the Cardholders will not be entitled to avail the Offer.
- The cashback (under this Offer) will be credited in the card account of the eligible Cardholders by Bank or SBICPSL (as applicable) on November 12, 2017. The cashback will be provided in the primary account to which the Card is linked.
- Any query regarding the Offer will be entertained by Bank or SBICPSL only during the Offer Duration. Any query / issue regarding the cashback will be entertained by Bank or SBICPSL (as applicable) only up to December 12, 2017. Post such date, neither Bank, SBICPSL nor Amazon will entertain any correspondence or communication regarding this Offer or the benefits under this Offer from any person.
- Bank, SBICPSL and/or Amazon do not endorse any of the products or brands being offered on Amazon.in and will not accept any liability pertaining to the quality, merchantability, fitness, delivery or after sales service of such products.
- All existing offers or discounts etc. that are being offered on Amazon.in can be availed by the Cardholders in addition to this Offer.
- Nothing contained herein amounts to a commitment by Bank, SBICPSL, or Amazon to conduct further, similar or other offers.
- The above Offer is by way of a special offer and nothing contained herein shall prejudice or affect the terms and conditions of the Card. These Offer Terms are in addition to and not in derogation of the terms contained in the Card's terms and conditions.
- In case of cancellation of your transaction(s) (for any reason whatsoever and either by the Cardholder, the seller or Amazon), the concerned purchase transaction will not qualify for the Offer. If a part of your order is cancelled, you will qualify for the Offer only on the net amount you pay for the concerned purchase transaction (after accounting for the cancellation), on the basis of minimum amount eligibility provided under these Offer Terms.
- In a scenario where the Cardholder returns the order, the Cardholder will not qualify for the Offer. If a part of your order is returned, you will qualify for the Offer only on the net amount you pay for the concerned purchase transaction (after accounting for the return), on the basis of minimum amount eligibility provided under these Offer Terms.
- All disputes between the Cardholders and Bank / SBICPSL (as the case may be) will be resolved inter se and Amazon will not (nor will be liable or obliged to) mediate or resolve any dispute or disagreement between the Cardholders and Bank or SBICPSLs.
- Pictures of products shown in the communication sent to the customer either through mailers or advertised on the website, are representative only and may not bear a resemblance to the actual products shall not be responsible towards the same under any circumstances.
- The purchase of Product by Cardholders on equated monthly instalments (EMI) will also eligible for this Offer. 14% rate of interest is applicable on monthly reducing balance for EMI transactions on the credit Card issued by SBICPSL.
- Products offered under this Offer are subject to availability and accordingly Bank, SBICPSL, and/or Amazon, in no circumstances, shall be liable for non-availability of any of any product.
- Under no circumstances, will the cashback under this Offer be settled in cash in lieu by Bank or SBICPSL (as applicable) or by Amazon.
- Bank or SBICPSL (as applicable) will not entertain any correspondence regarding the validity or acceptability of any additional benefits offered on Amazon.in.
- The Cardholders expressly agree that Amazon (or any of its affiliates) will not be liable or responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever that a Cardholder may suffer, directly or indirectly, in connection with this Offer including but not limited to that associated with his/ her use or delivery or misuse of the Product.
- Cardholders are not bound in any manner to participate in the Offer. Any such participation is voluntary and purely on a best effort basis.
- Any person availing this Offer will be deemed to have accepted these Offer Terms.
- Bank, SBICPSL and Amazon reserve the right, at any time, without prior notice and without assigning any reason whatsoever, to add/alter/modify/change or vary all of these terms and conditions or to replace, wholly or in part, this offer by another offer, whether similar to this Offer or not, or to extend or withdraw it altogether.
- Any disputes arising out of the Offer shall be subject to arbitration by a sole arbitrator to be appointed by Bank/SBICPSL for this purpose. The proceedings of the arbitration shall be conducted as per the provisions of Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996. The place of arbitration shall be at Mumbai for Bank and New Delhi for SBICPSL and language of arbitration shall be English. The existence of a dispute, if any, shall not constitute a claim against Bank/SBICPSL.
- SBICPSL along with its direct affiliates is alone responsible for resolving all disputes and differences in relation to SBI Credit Cards without reference to State Bank of India. However, State Bank of India along with its direct affiliates is solely responsible for resolving all disputes and differences in relation to State Bank Debit Cards without reference to SBICPSL.