We Indians are genetically blessed with a good crop of hair, but lifestyle changes, work pressures and too much styling makes this once-upon-a-time beautiful hair into something that is dull, flat and lifeless. To tackle this we again go through a string of treatments that makes them more frizzy, brittle and almost dead.
So what do we do? Give our daily monotonous regimes a spin maybe.
I took my leap of faith and tried the TRESemmé Beauty-Full Volume Reverse System. The Reverse Wash System is simple:
a. Apply conditioner to wet hair. Let it soak in for a minute or more. Rinse!
b. Shampoo as you would normally.
Now, I am that quintessential Indian girl who loves her long hair and does everything in the book to keep them healthy. I religiously indulge in weekly oil massages, natural home remedies and shampooing thrice a week regime. So when I heard about the reverse wash system for hair, I was intrigued.
In order to test how effective this duo I used the product three different types and here is how it fared:
Imagine me as that village simpleton who ties her hair back after a rich oil champi. I was skeptical if the conditioner will even work on oily hair. So I used more than a coin size product to lather my hair tips. I washed it off after a minute.
• Hair felt soft and silky post wash.
• The fragrance is heavenly and lingers till the end of day 1
• The volume and shine to the hair is pretty evident
• Hair feels more manageable and styles quickly.
You might need to shampoo twice to get your hair oil-free.
This is more of work week regime where oil-in-creams are more stress and hassle free. The duo works like a dream, you can feel your hair smoothen while you wash.
• Adds instant volume and life to the hair
• Hair acquires its original form, but in a more beautiful way. My naturally curly hair turned into smooth, shiny, easy falling curls in just one wash.
This was the easiest and took the least amount of product and effort.
• The conditioner in particular is excellent at detangling and is very moisturizing.
• I rarely use heat on my hair. I generally just use a bit of leave-in conditioner and let it air-dry. And doing this exact routine after Reverse Washing leaves my hair incredibly bouncy, healthy-looking and frizz-free.
• My natural waves dry into little loose ringlets.
• Hair goes back to original form on the second day.
So in a nutshell, it is a must use product. After all it is exciting to break the mundane and try and do something interesting once in while. One with such good results, it’s a clear winner.