Recipe Contest Winners
Recipes by Contest Winners
Stuffed Rosogolla on the Floating Jelly
Cooking Time: 45 minutes to 1 hour
Serves: 3 people
(1) Rosogolla – 3 piece
(2) Jelly- 1 packet (100 grams)
(3) Milk- 500 ml
(4) Milkmaid- Small Can (100 grams)
(5) Cadbury Chocolate- 1 Pack (25 grams)
(6) Rose Water- ½ teaspoon
(7) Dry Fruits-
Cashew Nut: 4-6 piece
Pistachio: 10-12 piece
Almond: 4-6 piece
Raisins: 4-6 piece
(8) Turmeric Powder: ¼ teaspoon
(9) Moulds: 3 pieces (Star shape, but any other shape can also be preferred)
(1) Open the Jelly Pack and mix the given ingredients in the pack into 500ml water, mix it thoroughly and pour it into the mould and let it set for 30-45 minutes.
(2) Cut the Rosogollas into half and make it hollow. Place these cut rosogollas in the middle of the jelly mould when the jelly is partially set i.e. after around 10-15 minutes.
(3) Meanwhile, boil the milk (500ml) until it is reduced to half of its original quantity.
(4) After the Milk has been reduced to half add Milkmaid (100 grams) and ¼ teaspoon garlic powder into the milk and mix it nicely. Boil further for 5 to 7 minutes.
(5)Add ½ teaspoon Rose Water and 6-8 Pistachios into the milk while it is cooling down to normal temperature.
(6) Grate the Cadbury Chocolate and cut the Almonds (4-6 piece), Cashew Nut (4-6 piece) and Raisins (4-6 pieces). Mix all these together into the shape of small “chocolate dry fruit balls”. (Make sure chocolate is not too hard while it is grated else forming balls will be difficult.)
(1) Take a small bowl and fill it with the milk that was boiled to half. It is also called “Rabdi” in India.
(2) Take the Jelly out from the mould which also has the hollow rosogolla in its middle.
(3) Insert the small “Choclate dry fruit ball” into the hollow of the rosogolla delicately.
(4) Now, place the Jelly with this “Stuffed Rosogolla” nicely into the bowl where the bolied milk was poured. Jelly can be seen now floating on the milk.
Stuffed Rosogolla on the Floating Jelly is now ready!
Garnishing Process (optional):
(1) Pistachios can be added on top of the stuffed rosogollas separately before serving.
(2) Fruits can also be added on top of the rosogollas if desired.
(3) Saffaron Powder can also be added separately on the boiled milk before serving to give it a further enriched look.
Stuffed Rosogolla on the Floating Jelly can be enjoyed both under normal temperature as well as after keeping it in the refrigerator for a few minutes for the chilled effect.
Death by Banana
2 big Bananas
50 grams Chocolate chips
1 tsp Butter
1/4 cup All purpose flour
50 ml Club Soda
1 tsp Sugar
A pinch of Salt
1/2 tsp Cinnamon powder
2 tbsp Sugar
Oil for frying
- Take a banana and a thick straw (like the one you get at KFC)
- Insert the straw into the banana from itd bottom side
- Keep inserting till you reach the top. But remember not to exit from the top
- Now slowly pullback the straw to create a cavity in the center of the banana. Do the same with the second banana
- Next in a microwave proof bowl melt together chocolate and butter
- After the chocolate cools down slightly, pour it in the cavity of the bananas and freeze the bananas for half an hour
- Meanwhile, mix all the dry ingredients for the batter and make a thick paste by slowly adding the required amount of soda.
- Also make the cinnamon-sugar by mixing the ingredients
- After half an hour, peel the bananas, deep them in the batter and deep fry in hot oil till golden in color
- Drain on a tissue paper and roll them in the mixture of sugar and cinnamon powder
- To serve, slice a banana in half and top it up with 2 scoope of chilled ice cream of your choice and pour the remaining chocolate sauce on it
P.S. You can replace chocolate with nutella or peanut butter
CHOCOLATE BISCUIT CAKE
An amazing dessert which can prepared easily without the hassles of using an oven. Women who don't have an oven at home need not worry as this recipe comes to their rescue when they plan to make a cake. Unlike the conventional taste and texture of a cake, this biscuit cake acts a perfect dessert with its soft texture and a mesmerising chocolate indulgence.
800 gms digestive biscuits
100 gms assorted nuts (roasted & chopped)
For the syrup:-
200 gms sugar
60 gms cocoa powder
240 ml water
150 gms butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
For the chocolate ganache :-
120 gms whipping cream
120 gms bittersweet chocolate chopped
⁃ Break the biscuits into small pieces and keep them aside in a bowl.
⁃ In a heated non stock pan, dry roast the nuts for 5 mins, stirring them frequently.
⁃ Add them to the bowl containing the biscuits.
⁃ In a pan, add cocoa powder and sugar. Mix them well.
⁃ Add water gradually. Stir this to combine finely.
⁃ Add butter to it and keep it over medium flame.
⁃ Bring to boil for around 5 mins.
⁃ Stir constantly.
⁃ Put off the flame and add vanilla syrup.
⁃ Cool it till it comes to room temperature.
⁃ Pour this syrup over the biscuits.
⁃ Mix this well so that the syrup is spread evenly between the biscuits.
⁃ Transfer this mixture into a 9" cake mould which is lined with parchment paper at the bottom and the sides evenly.
⁃ Press this well with the back of a spoon to avoid unevenness.
⁃ Refrigerate for 1 hour.
⁃ In a pan, heat cream till it comes to a boil.
⁃ Add chopped chocolate to the cream and mix till it totally melts.
⁃ Mix until smooth.
⁃ Pour this ganache over the refrigerated biscuit mixture and set it overnight.
⁃ Remove this carefully from the mould.
⁃ Garnish with chopped nuts.
⁃ Cut this into slices.
Kosh Oats Muffins Recipe
• 2 cups KOSH Oats Atta
• ½ cup Instant oats
• 2 tsp baking powder
• ½ tsp cinnamon
• A dash of nutmeg
• ¼ cup brown sugar (optional)
• 1 cup non-dairy milk
• 1 whole banana, cold
• ½ tsp almond extract (optional)
• Transfer instant oats to a blender and blend for a few seconds.
• Carefully spoon out 2 cups of KOSH oats Atta and transfer to a mixing bowl.
• Whisk in baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar, and set aside.
• Add non-dairy milk and banana to the blender and blend until well combined.
• Pour into oat flour mixture, add raisins and stir to combine.
• Add a handful (about 1/3 cup) instant oats and stir. If it's still runny, add more oats. he batter should be thick like oatmeal, but not dry.
• Set batter aside and preheat oven to 375F.
• Grease a muffin pan and spoon batter into the pan.
• The batter will thicken and get a little sticky/tacky as it sets.
• If it's so thick you can't stir it easily, thin it out with a little non-dairy milk, but you shouldn't need to.
• Spoon into 12 cups, top with cinnamon (and brown sugar if you like) and bake 10-15 minutes, or until firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Note: If you have a rather ripe (very sweet) banana, you probably don't even need the sugar, especially if you're used to eating unsweetened oatmeal. Or you could add a few dates in with the nondairy milk and banana for a naturally sweet alternative.
Rajasthani WaterMelon Seeds “Kheer”
Kheer is a special desert sweet famous in Rajasthan, especially Watermelon Seeds Kheer. Below mentioned one by one steps will map us in cooking Watermelon Seeds Kheer:
Step: 1: Ingredients for cooking (For 4-5 people)
Watermelon Seeds (1kg),
Rice (1 cup),
Creaked wheat (1cup),
salt (1/2 small teaspoon),
Water (1.5 liters).
Ingredients for Serving:
Step: 2: Process:
First of all we have to clean the seeds and then grind it for a few seconds (keep in mind that it should not be grind not into a fine powder) using your mixer grander. Grinded materials should be dipped into water for next 2 hours, then wash it. Wait for few seconds till dry.
Put water in a pressure cooker and wait till water gets hot. Put grinded seeds in it and continuously keep moving it over the time and cook it around 10 minutes. Add salt, rice and creaked wheat and cover the pressure cooker with its lead and wait till 3 whistles. Check it after 3 whistles that the mixture has been properly cooked. Finally, add sugar and ghee in it and mix it properly.
Your Watermelon Seeds Kheer is ready.
Serve it with coconut and crates.
Happily enjoy it……….
Nutella Chewy Brownies
What do Brownies and Nutella have in common? They are two of my favorite things.
This recipe is a simple twist on tradition brownies. They are chewy, chocolaty and very easy to bake. The ingredients may very well be on your hand.
½ cup of softened unsalted Butter
150g of Nutella
¼ cup granulated sugar
pinch of Salt
1 cup of Flour
½ cup of Cocoa powder
½ tsp of Instant Coffee Powder
depending of your favorites, add chocolate chips, walnuts, almonds, trutti fruitti , or any thing optional
1) It is important that the butter is at the room temperature, we do not want to burn the butter while trying to melt it for mixing with Nutella.
2) You can increase the amount of sugar, if you want your brownies to be sweet.
3) Coffee enhances the taste of cocoa powder, it a good addition to the mix.
4) Do not add salt if you are using store bought salted butter.
What to do next:
1) Preheat the oven to 180 degree Celsius.
2) Line baking pan with parchment paper and apply non-stick spray or vegetable oil.
3) In a large bowl mix dry ingredients, flour, cocoa powder, coffee, salt, and sugar. Mix them well. Set aside.
4) In a saucepan, add butter and Nutella and melt them over low heat or microwave on low power for 45-60 seconds.
5) Next add the wet ingredients, eggs (no need to beat them) and chocolate mixture. Add your choice of favorite. Mix everything well briefly.
6) The batter will look shiny and have a consistency of loosely kneaded dough.
7) Spread the batter evenly in the baking pan and pop it in the oven for 30-40 minutes.
8) Let it cool completely before serving it. Top it with powdered sugar, more Nutella, or anything that tickles your fancy.
Enjoy and spread happiness.
Soya (Nutrela) Cutlet Curry Recipe
For the Soya Cutlet:
• 1 cup Soya granules
• 1 cup boiled and mashed potato
• 1 green chilli
• 2 tbsp besan
• 1 tbsp garam masala or chaat masala
• 1 medium sized onion chopped
• 1 tbsp sooji
• Salt to taste
• Oil for frying
• 2 tbsp Bread crumbs
For the Gravy:
• 1 tbsp oil
• 1 medium onion
• 1 medium size fresh tomato
• 1 green chilli
• 1 tbsp jeera powder (Cumin powder)
• 1 tbsp Dhania powder
• 1 tbsp chilli powder
• ½ tbsp sugar
• Salt to taste
• ½ cup fresh cream
• ½ cup milk
• 2 tbsp coriander leaves
For the cutlet:
- Soak the soya granules in warm water for about 10 minutes and keep them aside.
- Drain and squeeze all the water
- Add the granules in a mixer and blend them and keep them in a deep bowl.
- Combine all the ingredients, except bread crumbs into a soft dough.
- Make small balls from the dough in the shape of cutlet.
- Take the bread crumbs and cover all the balls with the same.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the cutlets and fry until they turn golden. Keep them aside.
For the Gravy:
- Take a mixer and add onion, tomato and green chilli and blend them to a smooth paste.
- Add some oil in a deep pan and pour the paste in it. Sauté until it turns light golden don’t let it burn.
- Now add fresh cream to this. Add ½ cup milk; Mix all together.
- Let it come to a boil, then add salt (as required), red chilli powder, coriander powder and sugar.
- Mix them well. Add some water, while stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle the jeera powder and mix.
- Add the cutlets. If not serving immediately then reheat the gravy then add the cutlets and serve hot. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Orange Cheese Tart
INGREDIENTS REQUIRED :-
- 12 TARTS
- 2 TBSP CREAM CHEESE
- 7-8 TBSP MASHED COTTAGE CHEESE ( PANEER)
- 5 TBSP SUGAR
- PINCH OF CARDAMOM POWDER
- 1 PINCH SALT
- ORANGE MARMALADE
- PISTACHIO CHOPPED
- SAFFRON STRANDS
- 1/2 CUP ORANGE JUICE
- IN A PAN COOK MASHED COTTAGE CHEESE WITH SUGAR. AFTER 2 MINUTES SWITCH OFF FLAME AND ADD ORANGE JUICE.
- LET IT COOL. BLEND FINELY
- ADD CREAM CHEESE TO THIS MIXTURE
- NOW ADD CARDAMOM POWDER
- FILL TART WITH THIS MIXTURE, TOP WITH ORANGE SLICES, MARMALADE, PISTACHIO AND SAFFRON.
- JUST A PINCH OF SALT ON TOP ON EVERY TART WILL GIVE A NICE BALANCE TO THE BITTER AND SWEETNESS OF MARMALADE.
To make tarts - SIMPLY CRUSH 2 PACKETS OF DIGESTIVE BISCUITS AND ADD 1/2 CUP BUTTER. SET THE SANDY MIXTURE IN TART MOULDS FOR MINIMUM 1 HOUR AND THEN BAKE FOR 7-8 MINS @ 180°C. REMOVE FROM MOULDS WHEN COOL.
Crispy Masala Bread Rolls
• Bread slices (any)
• Mashed Boiled potatoes
• ½ bowl Fried Peas together
• ½ to ¾ tsp red chili powder or green chili chopped
• ½ tsp garam masala (adjust)
• Pinch of turmeric
• 2 pinches of amchur (optional)
• Some Chat Masala.
• Few coriander leaves chopped
• Salt to taste
• Olive Oil as needed (if frying)
• Butter for brushing
• 1 tsp plain flour (can use unbleached, organic flour)
• Little water.
Getting Things Ready (Preparation):
- Boil (or Steam) potatoes (generally 2 whistles in pressure cooker).
- Fry some peas
- Mash potatoes. Add peas and slightly mash them.
- Add chili powder, garam masala, turmeric, salt and amchur.
- Mix everything well and taste the salt.
- Make round or oval shaped balls. Set these aside.
- Trim the edges of the bread (optional).
- Make a slightly thin paste of the flour using water as needed.
- Toast the bread lightly until they turn a bit dry, make sure they do not turn hard.
- Begin to roll the bread slices to flatten them.
- Smear the flour mixture around the edges of the bread.
- Place the ball towards end or in center and begin to roll.
- Stick the edges together and seal the inner filling. Repeat for all the balls available.
- Fry in batches until golden or crimson red.
- You can also pan fry them, butter the bread rolls first and then toast them.
- Sprinkle a pinch of Chat Masala
- Serve bread roll with sauce or green chutney or tomato ketchup.
- Be lost in the mouth watering taste of yummy Bread Rolls.
Prep time - 20 mins
Cook Time -20-25 mins
-Peas -500 gm
-Milk - 1 lit
-Ghee- 200 gm
-Sugar - 200 gm or add as required
-1/2 spoon - Cardamom powder
-6-7 - Almonds (Chopped)
-Pistachios - Chopped
-Few strands of saffron (Optional)
For matar Puree - Grind the peeled green peas to make a smooth paste.
-Heat the ghee in a pan ,when ghee melts then lower the flame
-Add the ground matar puree and keep it stirring continuously on a low flame.
-As the puree starts changing its color, add the boiled milk in batches and mix well.
-Keep stirring while adding milk.
-Soon the mixture will thicken.
-Now, Add sugar and stir for 3-4 minutes.
-Now add cardamom powder and mix well.
-Garnish the kheer with chopped pistachios and almonds.
-Serve the yummy kheer .