- Reading level: 18+ years
- Paperback: 304 pages
- Publisher: Penguin Books; Reprint edition (26 June 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 014312207X
- ISBN-13: 978-0143122074
- Product Dimensions: 13.7 x 2 x 20.3 cm
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #1,10,593 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ 88.03 Delivery charge
+ 50.00 Delivery charge
You Are an Ironman: How Six Weekend Warriors Chased Their Dream of Finishing the World's Toughest Triathlon Paperback – 26 Jun 2012
Save Extra with 3 offers
- Cashback (4): Get 25% back up to Rs.50 using Amazon Pay UPI. For Android App customers only. Valid once during the offer period. Cashback within 10 days. Set up Amazon Pay UPI Here's how
- Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Shop during the Visa Shopping Days starting 20th to end of every month. Cashback within 3 days from shipment. Here's how
- Get 10% cashback using RuPay cards. Max Cashback - INR 100 if you are using RuPay card for first time on Amazon. INR 25 if you have used RuPay card earlier. Check here for your cashback eligibility Here's how
- Get offers for up to ₹1375 cashback on MakeMyTrip, Redbus, UrbanClap, Faasos & 1Mg. Shop on Amazon between 19th Apr to 30th Apr 2019 to become eligible for the offer. T&C apply Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No Cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit cards on orders above Rs. 3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer: Avail 5% Cashback on SBI Credit card EMI transactions Here's how
Customers who bought this item also bought
“For anyone who dreams of doing a triathlon or needs to find motivation, You Are An Ironman, is a Fantastic Read! Steinberg follows six ordinary athletes on their individual odysseys, he illuminates their courage and commitment and inspires readers to boldly pursue their dreams.” — Lynn Cox
"The athletes are fascinating in their own right, which helps to create an instant bond with readers and should make the book a compelling and inspirational read for obsessive exercisers and couch potatoes alike." — The Associated Press
"... a great new book that any first time Ironman entrant should read." — Active.com
“…an engrossing story of pain and perseverance….compelling…”— Publishers Weekly
“Anyone dreaming of completing a triathlon or just seeking to get off the couch and into better shape will find inspiration here.”— Kirkus
“Steinberg breaks the mold….A great read for anyone thinking about getting off their couch and doing something extraordinary that will truly change the rest of their lives.”— TriEssential.com
"Best-selling author Jacques Steinberg might not have an Ironman finish under his belt, but he certainly deserves an honorary finish certificate for his excellent portrayal of our sport. With an outsider's view of multi-sport training and racing, the trained eye and ear of a New York Times reporter and a captivating writing style, Steinberg has managed to describe the world of Ironman in a book that reads like a suspense novel while also capturing the inspiration and emotion of our sport." — Ironman.com
“Steinberg keeps up his pace the whole distance and saves the best for a power surge to the climax. You Are An Ironman could be the Rocky of triathletics.”— StarNewsonline.com
“Steinberg is a master storyteller using his skill to narrate their stories in what reads like an epic novel—except they are true….His way of adding suspense to the story is so subtle is [sic] sneaks up on you….Whether you are an aspiring Ironman athlete yourself or not you should read this book. Between the expertly delivered story and the authentic portrayal of the people and their training there is much you can learn form their life-affirming journey while being entertained from cover to cover.”— Examiner.com
“[A] great book to read…”— MinnesotaTriNews.com
“[R]eaders will surely want to carry on and experience the excitement that leads to the finish line in Tempe, Ariz., [sic] where the race announcer proclaims to each entrant who comes across that ‘you are an Ironman.’”— Winston-Salem Journal
About the Author
Jacques Steinberg has been a staff reporter for The New York Times for more than ten years and currently is a national education correspondent. In 1998, he was awarded the grand prize of the Education Writers Association for his nine-part series on a third-grade classroom on Manhattan's Upper West Side.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
All of the athletes profiled are inspiring. Even if you have no desire to compete in a triathlon, let alone an Ironman, this book will most likely inspire you to get off the couch. I have exercised every day since starting this book. Not only is this book inspiring, it's well written and at times, suspenseful. I couldn't wait to get back to reading to find out what would happen next. I found myself rooting for these people! Inspiring and incredible is how I would describe these athletes and this book. Great read!
this book makes you realize that anyone can do an ironman..
Well written! Enjoyed all of the personal stories.. Very inspiring
As a triathlete myself this book hits home for me. I understand the struggles that they all go through in preparing for what is the worlds toughest triathlon. But Ironman is more than a physical exercise. It's about mental toughness as well and what you do to prepare for that day, and what you will find on that day.
"There is no can't in Ironman."