Yonex Voltric 5 Badminton Racquet
- Standard model for mid-range players using TRI-VOLTAGE SYSTEM for good racquet handling and power.
- Flex: Medium
- Frame: Graphite, Tungsten
- Shaft: Graphite
- Weight / Grip Size: 3U (Ave.88g) G4,5
- Stringing Advice: 3U 19-24 lbs
- Frame: Graphite, Tungsten
How to choose a Badminton racquet.
The racquet you finally wield on court must be the right fit for you and should match your playing ability.
Consider important things such as hand grip, racquet weight, head shape, and balance point.
Check out the Badminton buying guide
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Save Extra with 4 offers
- Bank Offer (3): 5% Instant Discount on Axis bank Credit EMI and 10% Instant Discount on Axis Bank Debit EMI transactions Here's how
- Get 5% cashback on a minimum purchase of Rs 2000 with HDFC Bank Debit Cards Here's how
- 5% Instant discount with HSBC Cashback card Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit card on orders above Rs.3000 Here's how
- Cashback (2): Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Shop during the Visa Shopping Days starting 20th to end of every month. Cashback within 3 days. Here's how
- Flat Rs.50 back Amazon Pay Balance on minimum order of Rs.50 using Amazon Pay UPI. For Android App customers only. Valid once during offer period. Cashback within 10 days. Set up Amazon Pay UPI Here's how
- Partner Offers (2): Avail EMI on Debit Cards. Get credit up to ₹1,00,000.Check eligibility here! Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Read reviews that mention
Showing 1-8 of 218 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
● This is a head-heavy racket, but not as heavy when compared to Muscle Power. Smashes are powerful and maneouverability is excellent. I have added a towel grip and this increases the maneouverability factor apart from resolving my sweating issue
● The string tension is tigher than Muscle Power that helps in quick return of smashes. This helps to gain better control during drops and placements
● The isometric shape ensures that your smashes gather enough power irrespective of where the shuttle hits the racket
● I am satisfied with the purchase made in Mar-17 for Rs.2497 and happy with the racket handling and repulsion
** Guideline to choose your racket **
● There are different types of rackets available to pick from. The differences are in weight, weight distribution, shape, flexibility, etc. and this influences the game in a big way
● Weight Balance
+ Head Heavy Rackets
- These rackets have a heavy head that the shaft & grip. The head will swing down when balanced at the centre
- The shaft would generally be more stiff and strong
- These are most suited for players who need more power, both for smashes and to send lengthy clears to the back of the court
+ Head Light Rackets
- The grip side will go down when these rackets are balanced at the center
- These rackets are easy to control and swing. You can quickly react to return incoming smashes. Smashes won't be as powerful as Head Heavy ones, but shots to the front of the court are very effective
- These are best suited while playing doubles where the game is very fast
+ Balanced Rackets
- These rackets are best suited if you need good power from the back of the court as well as reasonable manoeuvrability. This will help you to build your all-round game.
● Head Shape
+ Oval Head
- This is the traditional racket shape. There is a sweet spot on the head where you will get the most power out of your shots. On oval rackets, the size of this spot is small
- Professionals prefer oval rackets since it helps to have better control and play perfect shots. The sweet spot gives brutal power since it is smaller
+ Isometric Head
- The shape of the head will be slightly flat at the top. This shape enables manufacturers to build bigger sweet spot
- This type of rackets are more suited for amateurs who has got less accuracy and precision. The shuttle catches good power irrespective of where it hits on the racket
● Tension of Strings
- The tighter the strings, the more the tension thus providing more control on your shots and can produce precise shots. But, you will struggle to generate power. Professionals generally use higher tension rackets since control is more important for them. Power comes from their well-trained arms
- If the string tension is less, strings will be more repulsive and can produce incredible power. The lifespan of racket will also be more for lower tension rackets
● Yonex Racket Brands
- There are various Yonex brand of rackets that you can choose from. I have tried to explain below the prominent feature of a few of them
- Voltric is suited for players who seek all-court performance, They are fast and can produce incredible power for smashes. These rackets are slightly head-heavy
- Nanoray is the lightest of the rackets which is the most manoeuvrable. The repulsion is more and you can force your opponents to the back of their court with speedy shots. These are head light rackets that helps in quick reaction and movement
- Arcsaber provides higher level of control and can deliver precise shots and drops. These are even-balanced rackets
- Carbonex can provide player a solid feel from the strings on impact. This may add to the confidence, enjoyment and fun in the shots
- Muscle Power rackets have got a good balance between powerful shots and manoeuvrability
- The different Yonex brand of rackets have a prominent feature for which they are built. However, most of these brands come with different head shapes and shaft strength
- If you are an amateur, I would suggest to pick the isometric head on whatever brand you choose
- For aspiring professionals, oval head would be prescribed by their trainers
- However, I gather that Muscle Power is the most widely used Yonex rackets
- Having said all these, I have to disclaim that this guideline is based on my understanding of various rackets based on my discussion with players as well on various forums. There are people who have disagreement especially on the difference between various Yonex brand of rackets.
bat broke only for one shot, i dint even played full match.
First day First match First shot this is the state.
Am struggling hard to get this product returned. but never happened.
Hope at-least others will be helpful with this.
All the best !!!
Delivery: - Delivery was sooner than expected.
Packing : - It was not up to the mark. Racket was placed in a cover and in the box with no protection. Fortunately there was no damage, not at all satisfied with the packing.