- Paperback: 272 pages
- Publisher: Integral Yoga Publications; Reprint edition (14 September 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1938477073
- ISBN-13: 978-1938477072
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 1.8 x 22.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: 7 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #54,082 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ 70.00 Delivery charge
+ FREE Delivery
The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali Paperback – 14 Sep 2012
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Description for The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
About the Author
Sri Swami Satchidananda was one of the first Yoga masters to bring the classical Yoga tradition to the West. He taught Yoga postures, meditation, a vegetarian and more compassionate lifestyle to westerners when he was invited to America in 1966 by the iconic pop artist Peter Max. The distinctive teachings he brought with him blend the physical discipline of Yoga, the spiritual philosophy of Vedic literature and the interfaith ideals he pioneered. These techniques and concepts influenced a generation and a spawned Yoga culture that is flourishing today. The organization founded on his teachings, Integral Yoga International, is now a leading institute for Yoga teacher certification. Integral Yoga is the foundation for Dr. Dean Ornish's landmark work in reversing heart disease and Dr. Michael Lerner's noted Commonweal Cancer Help program. Sri Swami Satchidananda is the author of many books on Yoga and is the subject of the 2008 documentary, \"Living Yoga.\"
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Personal Development > Healthy Living & Wellness
- Books > Health, Family & Personal Development > Mind, Body & Spirit
- Books > Health, Family & Personal Development > Personal Development & Self-Help
- Books > Reference
- Books > Religion
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Philosophy