Top positive review
15 May 2015
Well, I didn't update after reading the reviews.. So can't comment on lollipop... But glad I had the courage to buy this..
Well, I'm a geek with HTC explorer rooted, cyanogened and did all other buggiest things in my phony .. Since I now work a busy job,I didn't want to mess with buggy things anymore... but did buy this anyway.
1. No proximity issue for me
2. No heating issue and compared to moto G2 -this is nothing and no , can't use it as an iron box or heater.... Seems paid reviewers or maybe lollipop users
3. Graphics are totally cool.. Gta vice city played with full graphics settings without a lag.. One of the important factor, I bought this .. Graphics for my studies..
4. front camera takes cool pictures in stock camera app
5. All cyanogen features.
6. Using inbuilt Privacy guard(which I adore) , i disabled all "keep awake" from Google apps -saves some battery.
7. 30000+ on the antutu beating HTC one
1. Camera 13mp is weak -no optical stabilisation , image looks blurred.. grainy. If I change settings to 5mp in "open camera"it looks bearable. Flash gives that bluish tinge ...(the glass(or sticker) covering the camera is a little blue, with the flash so close to the camera... Maybe that's why) ... not in the mood to rip up the hardware - I'm not a photographer to begin with.. So it's pretty much okay for me.
-37 second video RECORDING costs 89 MB '.. Quality okay.
2. For my use(screen on 4+ hours browsing to intensive GPU ), battery drains 100 to 40 in 9 to 5 pm
3. No apps to SD
4. No obb to SD... Android/data stays in internal memory.
5. One more smartphone of my life without a compass'
All in all glad I bought.. And Thank my God for giving Me this..
PS: use a professional to use paste that screen guard.. Seriously, I've been trying to do this like Forever with different phones and still bubbles..
UPDATE: September 9,2016
Updated to Lollipop recently...( Not rooted till; not planning on it either)
1. No battery issues
2. No proximity issue for me
3. In fact, Just no major issues.. I did get one random screen lock in like ten days... Nothing much.
1.Dynamic screen enhancement (which was in KitKat) is gone .. Colors are totally bland..(but will get used to: Anyway, that's how other phones look)
2. YU split upgrades into YU Open OS and Cos... Still not getting marshmallow OTA. You should root to get YU marshmallow... But am waiting for cos 13 or even YU OTA, which will be much better than rooting etc..