Are you eager to make your Android device your own but you're not sure where to start? Then this is the book for you. XDA is the world's most popular resource for Android hacking enthusiasts, and a huge community has grown around customizing Android devices with XDA. XDA's Android Hacker's Toolkit gives you the tools you need to customize your devices by hacking or rooting the android operating system.
Providing a solid understanding of the internal workings of the Android operating system, this book walks you through the terminology and functions of the android operating system from the major nodes of the file system to basic OS operations. As you learn the fundamentals of Android hacking that can be used regardless of any new releases, you'll discover exciting ways to take complete control over your device.
- Teaches theory, preparation and practice, and understanding of the OS
- Explains the distinction between ROMing and theming
- Provides step-by-step instructions for Droid, Xoom, Galaxy Tab, LG Optimus, and more
- Identifies the right tools for various jobs
- Contains new models enabling you to root and customize your phone
- Offers incomparable information that has been tried and tested by the amazing XDA community of hackers, gadgeteers, and technicians
XDA's Android Hacker's Toolkit is a simple, one-stop resource on hacking techniques for beginners.
From the Back Cover
Join the millions of rooters worldwide who are making the Android devices truly their own.
Do you love your Android device, but feel like you re not getting everything out of it you could? Written by Android expert, Jason Tyler, this book shows you how to take total control of your Android smartphone or tablet, regardless of brand name or release.
With the tools provided in this book, you ll be able to customize your device to suit your needs and style, while maximizing its power and capability. In plain English, Tyler introduces you to the inner workings of the Android OS, walking you through the terminology and functions, from major file system nodes to basic OS operations. For the more adventurous rooter, Tyler provides links to key information on the XDA site that shows you how to achieve an even higher degree of expertise and capability. In no time you ll learn to:
- Identify the right tools for any job on most Android devices
- Back up your OS, data and apps
- Modify your device s ROMs or flash ROMs from other devices
- Theme the look and feel of your device to reflect your unique style
- Teach your old Android device amazing new trick
The ultimate beginner s guide to Android rooting, XDA Developers Android Hacker s Toolkit gives you the knowledge and tools you need to make your beloved Android phone or table truly your own.