- Reading level: 13+ years
- Paperback: 416 pages
- Publisher: UK Children's (28 October 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0007355629
- ISBN-13: 978-0007355624
- Product Dimensions: 12.9 x 1.5 x 19.8 cm
- Average Customer Review: 193 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #2,64,223 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Wuthering Heights (Collins Classics) Paperback – 28 Oct 2009
|Paperback, 28 Oct 2009||
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Emily born in 1818 and she was one of the six children which included her sister and fellow novelist ‘Charlotte Brontë’.
She found her inspiration of writing by reading books, and she started publishing poems with her sister Charlotte.
Wuthering heights is the only novel written by Emily Brontë because she died one year after publishing due to illness.
Wuthering Heights was published in 1847 by Pin-name ‘Ellis Bell‘.
The story is from the prospective of house keeper of Wuthering Heights.
The story is about two families and relations between them, it is very dark, intense story and believe me it is not like other stories it’s totally exceptional.
MY PERSONAL THOUGHS ABOUT BOOK!
– When I first started reading this book I thought it will be like other classic novels the English was old and was little difficult to understand.
But as I read further and further, I Keep Falling deeper and deeper into the story.
– I love all the characters from the book specially Heathcliff and Catherine the bond between them is very strong and intense.
– specially I love the character Heathcliff he is very dark intense character and his emotions are giving very interesting turn to the story.
– at some point story is very depressing but there is a love, betrayal and everything in the story, and there is a hope also.
– overall I love the book some people have different opinions about the book some people don’t like it at all but I don’t care I love it!
1) The terror described in the novel is not just something of frankenstein or goosebumps types but it's like that dark, miserable horror from the past.
2) the conversations between the characters
Amazon dleivered it on time and the book was really upto the mark i mean i paid Rs 98 and i got the quality worth the money.
Saraswatichandra (original gujrathi literature) was published in 1887, after Wuthering Heights which is originally published in 1847.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews