- Paperback: 686 pages
- Publisher: Goyal; Reprint edition (1 June 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 8183071007
- ISBN-13: 978-8183071000
- Product Dimensions: 11.5 x 5.7 x 18 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5,833 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #8 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Word Power Made Easy Paperback – Print, Jun 2011
Save Extra with 3 offers
- Cashback (2): Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Shop during the Visa Shopping Days starting 20th to end of every month. Applicable on shopping, recharges and bill payments. Cashback within 3 days from shipment. Here's how
- Get 25% back up to Rs.50 using Amazon Pay UPI. For Android App customers only. Valid once during the offer period. Cashback within 10 days. Set up Amazon Pay UPI Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No Cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit cards on orders above Rs. 3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer: Avail 5% Cashback on SBI Credit card EMI transactions Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
No words required to justify the awesomeness of this book. Best option available in the market. Trusted by millions.. Go for it without 2nd thoughts. --Roshan N May 9, 2014
f you want to learn English then this book is not for you , Go for English grammar book like J.C Nesfield . But if you are better in English then this book is for you , it's an ultimate choice to learn more words and increase one's vocabulary. It is very much helpful if you preparing for exams like C.A.T , M.A.T , X.A.T , G.A.T.E , etc For C.A.T you should have vocabulary of 5000 words if u want to crack it , seriously 686 pages is enough . For G.A.T.E - generally we get 15 marks out of 100 in aptitude and English section and this year 2012 General cut-off was 21 marks . So if you score 15 and at least 30 marks in technical section then you are eligible for IIT or any PSU organisation First chapter of the book will let u know about extend of knowledge you have in English language , unfortunately it very difficult for a guy like me to score 40 out of 60 which is depressing but hope it will rectified in future Don't keep this book in your bookshelf , READ IT SOLVE IT REVISE IT ATLEAST 1 CHAPTER per day --suraj mohapatra Apr 3, 2012
One of those books that you just need to get. Not only does this book teach you words, it also teaches you how to learn anything effectively. Its broken into a number of sessions and has periodic reviews. And it teaches you words using an interesting method in such a way that you ll remember them...years later. I would recommend this to anybody who uses the English Language --Anon Sep 11, 2011
About the Author
Born on 30 December, 1912 in Brooklyn, New York, Norman Lewis was an author and grammarian. He was also a lexicographer and etymologist. While he was a student in Columbia University in 1941, he wrote his first book Journeys Through Wordland. Apart from that, he has written many books, namely, 30 Days to Better English, Dictionary of Word Power, Speak Better, Write Better and Rapid Vocabulary Builder, among others.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
A must read book for all . (even you are student or not )
This book is very essential for laying down
a foundation stone for your vocabulary building.
I come from a hindi medium schooling but this book gave me confidence in vocabulary development.
This is the 4th time I've bought this book to gift to someone who is starter in english vocab building. The book is something more than enough for about 100 ₹. It gives best way to understand the words by linking it to its entomological origin and teaches us how to understand the meaning of a new word. It also helps in eliminating wrong options in mcq based exams. You can learn a lot of new words by simply going through exercise.
Religiously following this book daily would surely help you build your vocabulary.
Those who cram words from dictionary should at least try this approach of learning to remember words and I'm sure this way would be far better.
1. New words are divided into thematic chapters that make it easy to draw connections between the words.
2. He uses etymology as the scaffold to help build a knowledge of many related words simultaneously.
3. All words are reviewed multiple times in exercises throughout the book that use a variety of ways to measure recall and understanding.
Overall I love this book and recommend to all who wants to improve their English Vocabulary.
I am so thankful for this book just what I need I have been lazy and need to back into my study time thanks a million I wear glasses the words or so small but I will work with will be order more books. I will keep this book forever. It isn't intimidating. In fact I did the initial test to check my own word power and was happy to discover how much I do as much as I want to know! Not intimidating book. Very well done and you can do at your leisure. Very well written. I would recommend this as a gift.
You also get 20% discount coupon for next order.