- 10% instant discount up to Rs.2,000 on SBI credit cards, debit cards (excl. Rupay) and EMI transactions Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Up to Rs. 8,000 savings on total purchases above Rs. 50,000 on SBI credit cards, debit cards (excl. Rupay) and EMI transactions Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- No cost EMI on SBI & HDFC credit cards on orders above Rs. 3,000 & Bajaj Finserv EMI cards on orders above Rs. 5,000 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Unlock cashback upto Rs.2300 on BookMyShow, Swiggy, Yatra and UrbanClap. Order on the Amazon app during Great Indian Festival(no min order value)and pay through any pre-paid payment method to be eligible for this offer | Valid from 10th - 15 Oct'18 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 50 using BHIM UPI or RuPay cards. Offer period October 1st to October 31st. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 calendar days from purchase. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Go Cashless: Get 50% cashback up to Rs. 100 on your first online payment. Pay using ATM card or credit card. Offer period 1st October to 31st October. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days from purchase. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Word Power Made Easy Paperback – Print, Jun 2011
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
No words required to justify the awesomeness of this book. Best option available in the market. Trusted by millions.. Go for it without 2nd thoughts. --Roshan N May 9, 2014
f you want to learn English then this book is not for you , Go for English grammar book like J.C Nesfield . But if you are better in English then this book is for you , it's an ultimate choice to learn more words and increase one's vocabulary. It is very much helpful if you preparing for exams like C.A.T , M.A.T , X.A.T , G.A.T.E , etc For C.A.T you should have vocabulary of 5000 words if u want to crack it , seriously 686 pages is enough . For G.A.T.E - generally we get 15 marks out of 100 in aptitude and English section and this year 2012 General cut-off was 21 marks . So if you score 15 and at least 30 marks in technical section then you are eligible for IIT or any PSU organisation First chapter of the book will let u know about extend of knowledge you have in English language , unfortunately it very difficult for a guy like me to score 40 out of 60 which is depressing but hope it will rectified in future Don't keep this book in your bookshelf , READ IT SOLVE IT REVISE IT ATLEAST 1 CHAPTER per day --suraj mohapatra Apr 3, 2012
One of those books that you just need to get. Not only does this book teach you words, it also teaches you how to learn anything effectively. Its broken into a number of sessions and has periodic reviews. And it teaches you words using an interesting method in such a way that you ll remember them...years later. I would recommend this to anybody who uses the English Language --Anon Sep 11, 2011
About the Author
Born on 30 December, 1912 in Brooklyn, New York, Norman Lewis was an author and grammarian. He was also a lexicographer and etymologist. While he was a student in Columbia University in 1941, he wrote his first book Journeys Through Wordland. Apart from that, he has written many books, namely, 30 Days to Better English, Dictionary of Word Power, Speak Better, Write Better and Rapid Vocabulary Builder, among others.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
A must read book for all . (even you are student or not )
This book is very essential for laying down
a foundation stone for your vocabulary building.
I come from a hindi medium schooling but this book gave me confidence in vocabulary development.
It builds your vocabulary provided you practice rightly. The book does not put you off to sleep and is very useful for preparing for tests.
I would suggest this to be read irrespective of your current status. English is a language you learn everyday and this one improves your English one level above what it currently is.
You will find content online on the internet but this book has chapters in place and you will not be all over while reading. You will go in a sequence which is extremely important while improving your vocabulary.
Overall I love this book and recommend to all who wants to improve their English Vocabulary.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews