- Paperback: 560 pages
- Publisher: Penguin India; Latest edition (15 March 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9780143424680
- ISBN-13: 978-0143424680
- ASIN: 0143424688
- Product Dimensions: 19.8 x 13 x 3.5 cm
- Average Customer Review: 6,207 customer reviews
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
#465 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #6 in Grammar (Books)
Word Power Made Easy Paperback – 15 Mar 2015
Save Extra with 4 offers
- Cashback (3): Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Shop during the Visa Shopping Days starting 20th to end of every month. Cashback within 3 days from order. Here's how
- 50% up to Rs.150 back using Amazon Pay UPI. For Android App customers only. Valid once during offer period. Cashback within 5 days. Set up Amazon Pay UPI Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit card on orders above Rs.3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer: Get 1500 Instant Discount on ICICI bank Credit and Debit EMI transactions Here's how
- Partner Offers (1): Avail EMI on Debit Cards. Get credit up to ₹1,00,000. Check your eligibility here! Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
very helpul for GRE and Aptitude preparation, its a nice way to build your Vocab and its very interesting to read. Just 15 mins per day and you master it in a month. its truly inspiring with very simple but effective test!!!!!! --Aakash Badiyani Jul 20, 2013
The book is good contains lots of usefull words and its explanations and also has exercises for practice after each chapter to help in remembering the words better...one should give it a try. The book is very good for self study.Though it does not contain all the words you want but at least something is better than nothing...one very good thing is that the author encourages you to try harder and harder. cons- paper quality could have been better!!!!!! --Rohit Kerketta Jan 27, 2014
If you feel your vocabulary is poor,then just go for it.Both the books are equally useful but first complete WORD POWER MADE EASY ,then go to other one.Authors have covered almost all the word which we can frequently use in our day life.So don't see for any other books buy today and build a superior vocabulary. --Rakesh Sv Jun 30, 2015
About the Author
Born in Brooklyn in 1912, Norman Lewis was an author, grammarian, lexicographer and etymologist, and a leading authority on English language skills. His best-known work is Word Power Made Easy, first published in 1949. He also edited several editions of Roget’s Theasurus. Normal Lewis passed away in 2006 in Whittier, California.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Showing 1-8 of 6,207 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
A must read book for all . (even you are student or not )
This book is very essential for laying down
a foundation stone for your vocabulary building.
I come from a hindi medium schooling but this book gave me confidence in vocabulary development.
This is the 4th time I've bought this book to gift to someone who is starter in english vocab building. The book is something more than enough for about 100 ₹. It gives best way to understand the words by linking it to its entomological origin and teaches us how to understand the meaning of a new word. It also helps in eliminating wrong options in mcq based exams. You can learn a lot of new words by simply going through exercise.
Religiously following this book daily would surely help you build your vocabulary.
Those who cram words from dictionary should at least try this approach of learning to remember words and I'm sure this way would be far better.
Delivered book on good condition.
Nice cover . But paper pages are not very good quality paper . Other wise amezing book
1. New words are divided into thematic chapters that make it easy to draw connections between the words.
2. He uses etymology as the scaffold to help build a knowledge of many related words simultaneously.
3. All words are reviewed multiple times in exercises throughout the book that use a variety of ways to measure recall and understanding.