Investment Opportunities and Tax Benefits for NRIs in India
The World Bank expects India to be the world's fastest growing economy in 2018. NRIs can uniquely benefit from this growth both because of their familiarity with the country and the special investment benefits and tax concessions offered to them, with repatriation facilities.
This bestselling guide provides NRIs clear, incisive and profitable insights
- Important investment avenues in India
- Investment opportunities in Indian shares and mutual funds
- Opportunities and benefits of investing in immovable property
- The tax haven that is India
- Highlights of relevant taxation provisions, including double taxation agreements
- How residential status impacts taxability status
- Different types of NRI incomes: what is Indian income, forex income
- Forex remittances by NRIs and FEMA provisions
- Banking options and preferentials
- Best options for NRIs planning to return to India
- Baggage rules — what comprise baggage; what attracts duty, what doesn't
- Also, NRI-related provisions of Budget '17, and much else.
In effect, NRIs enjoy a "favoured son" status in India, which provides them the greenest of financial pastures. Come, find out how you can benefit from it.
About the Author
Shanbhag is a bestselling author and a very widely syndicated columnist on personal finance and taxation.
Sandeep Shanbhag, a chartered accountant by training, is a tax and investment adviser. He writes regular columns on investment and tax planning for financial websites, such as moneycontrol.com and rediff.com, and newspapers including DNA, Financial Express, etc. He also features regularly as a tax and investment expert on All India Radio and various television channels such as CNBC, CNN-IBN, Zee Business, DoordarshanSandeep Shanbhag regularly addresses seminars and lectures arranged by corporates and other organizations.