- Paperback: 572 pages
- Publisher: Picador; Indian ed edition (15 December 2004)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 033043909X
- ISBN-13: 978-0330439091
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 3.6 x 23 cm
- Average Customer Review: 164 customer reviews
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
#2,390 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #24 in Indian History
The Wonder That Was India: 1 Paperback – 15 Dec 2004
Save Extra with 3 offers
- Cashback (2): Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Shop during the Visa Shopping Days starting 20th to end of every month. Applicable on shopping, recharges and bill payments. Cashback within 3 days from shipment. Here's how
- Get 25% back up to Rs. 50 back on your first order using Amazon Pay UPI. Cashback within 10 days. Link Bank Account Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No Cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit cards on orders above Rs. 3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer: 5% Instant Discount on ICICI bank Credit and Debit EMI transactions Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
Arthur Llewellyn Basham was an Indologist and a professor at London's School of Oriental and African Studies. He was born in 1914 in Essex. His father had served in the Indian Army and told him a lot of stories about India that sparked an interest in him about the country. The author obtained a degree in Sanskrit from the School of Oriental and African Studies, did a doctorate at the School of Oriental and African studies and later became a Professor at that college. In 1965, Basham left SOAS to join the Australia National University, where he became the Head of the History Department and also Professor of Oriental Civilizations.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
164 customer reviews
Review this product
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
You can go through all the cultural reforms starting from Hinduism till the Vijayanagar empire it.