Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet or computer – no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera, scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Please enter your mobile phone number or email address
By pressing "Send link", you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message and data rates may apply.
The Witch of Gray’s Point: A Creature Feature Horror Suspense (Lorestalker Book 3) Kindle Edition
Miriam Brooks is equipped to battle the shape-shifting terror hiding in the darkness, but being forced to finally confront her father might just kill her.
- FINALIST (Top 5): The Kindle Book Review Awards 2020 - Fiction - Horror/Suspense
“Miriam Brooks has to be one of my favorite fictional characters. She’s a fascinating blend of scientist, geek and unassuming super-hero; she’s also a hoot and a half to follow in her investigations.” ~ Readers’ Favorite Book Reviews, Jack Magnus (5 Stars)
To Miriam Brooks, a solo study trip to an abandoned desert ranch house sounds like the perfect respite from the world, a way to unwind and center herself after a string of unbelievable encounters with terrifying monsters. Yet the desert isn't devoid of life.
Something lurks outside her window, changing its form to suit its mysterious needs. She's familiar with the stories, but legend becomes reality when she stands face-to-face with a soulless copy of herself.
“This is a riveting story with a strong plot that will hold you spellbound from start to finish.” ~ Readers’ Favorite Book Reviews, Anne-Marie Reynolds (5 Stars)
EVOLVED PUBLISHING PRESENTS the third book in the critically-acclaimed, multiple award-winning “Lorestalker” series of horror stories featuring creatures of lore and dark imagination. [DRM-Free]
BOOKS BY J.P. BARNETT:
- The Beast of Rose Valley (Lorestalker - Book 1)
- The Kraken of Cape Madre (Lorestalker - Book 2)
- The Witch of Gray’s Point (Lorestalker - Book 3)
- The Haunt at Hogg Run (Lorestalker - Book 4)
- The Devil of Misty Lake (Lorestalker - Book 5)
- The Legacy of Rose Valley (Lorestalker - Book 6) [Coming 2022]
MORE GREAT HORROR FICTION FROM EVOLVED PUBLISHING:
- The “Enigma of Twilight Falls” Series by Mike Robinson
- The “Big Sky Terror” Series by D.W. Hitz
- The “Call of Destiny” Series by D.M. Earley
- “The Holocaust Engine” Series by David Rike & Stephen Patrick
- The “Writer’s Block” Series by A.K. Kuykendall
- “Godsknife: Revolt” by Timothy C. Ward
About the Author
EDITOR: A writer since age six and a professional one since nineteen, my initial editing experience came in the swarms of prose I pumped out into the world, only occasionally into the world of actual magazines, anthologies or e-zines. Soon, as I began selling more regularly, and as publishers took note of my longer works, I began freelance editing. I've edited screenplays, memoirs, novels, children's books and, would you believe it, epic narrative poetry. One of the novels I edited, Under the Tamarind Tree, was shortlisted among nine others for the 2014 Dundee International Book Prize. A charter member of The Greater Los Angeles Writers Society (GLAWS), I am also the managing editor of the organization's official publication, Literary Landscapes, which features stories, excerpts, articles and poetry (see issues here). In addition, I belong to the editing collective Write For Success, for which I perform manuscript critiques and consultation. As an author, I have published nine novels and almost fifteen short stories. --This text refers to the paperback edition.
- ASIN : B07ZVMWBVK
- Publisher : Evolved Publishing LLC; 1st edition (2 December 2019)
- Language : English
- File size : 3679 KB
- Simultaneous device usage : Unlimited
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print length : 248 pages
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from other countries
Here's what I love about this author:
1) Pace. It keeps moving at a good clip, without sacrificing...(see #2)
2) Character development. These characters are really...human. They have so many facets and such depth! Real people aren't all good or bad, and neither are these characters.
3) Humor! And not just humor, but intelligent humor. This is the kind of stuff that makes me smile knowingly, plus the one-liners that have me laughing out loud.
4) Thorough descriptions that set the scene, but don't get overly verbose. Because I want to know what to picture in my mind's eye, but I don't need to know what every blade of grass is doing. Also, you will find descriptions of more than just the visual--because we have more than just one sense. It makes for a more immersive experience.
5) Strong female AND male characters in real romantic and platonic relationships. This is NOT the cheesy forbidden love with all the heaving bosoms that you so often see in modern supernatural books.
And the twist at the end just killed me! These books just keep getting better. So excited for the next one!