- 10% instant discount up to Rs.2,000 on SBI credit cards, debit cards (excl. Rupay) and EMI transactions Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Up to Rs. 8,000 savings on total purchases above Rs. 50,000 on SBI credit cards, debit cards (excl. Rupay) and EMI transactions Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- No cost EMI on SBI & HDFC credit cards on orders above Rs. 3,000 & Bajaj Finserv EMI cards on orders above Rs. 5,000 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Unlock cashback upto Rs.2300 on BookMyShow, Swiggy, Yatra and UrbanClap. Order on the Amazon app during Great Indian Festival(no min order value)and pay through any pre-paid payment method to be eligible for this offer | Valid from 10th - 15 Oct'18 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 50 using BHIM UPI or RuPay cards. Offer period October 1st to October 31st. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 calendar days from purchase. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Go Cashless: Get 50% cashback up to Rs. 100 on your first online payment. Pay using ATM card or credit card. Offer period 1st October to 31st October. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days from purchase. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Winning Like Sourav: Think & Succeed Like Ganguly Paperback – 20 Jul 2018
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
About the Author
Abhirup Bhattacharya is a graduate in fashion technology from the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), Kolkata and has earned his MBA in finance from Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS), Mumbai. Beginning his career in the apparel sector in Egypt, he also has a diversified experience ranging from IT Consulting, Payment System and Risk Advisory and a passion for reading business books, writing stories, watching movies and cricket. He is the author of Winning Like Virat: Think and Succeed Like Kohli (2017). Hailing from the Kolkata, he is presently based out of Mumbai.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I loved how the author added a learning tip with each chapter. It's not like a biography but about his life on the field and off-field presented in a different way. The lessons that we can learn from him, his principles, his way of living, each and everything is well narrated by the author.
I loved the plot of the story, especially the sequence of the events. How the author did the SWOT analysis, the graphs and the tables made it easier to understand. The writing style of the author is crisp and gripping. The language used by the author is simple and easy. The pace of the story is a little slow. The flow of the story is smooth.
The analysis done by the author is apt and one can easily relate to it. The book is well researched and detailed. Each chapter had something that the reader can take from the book. The title of each chapter itself is motivating which builds readers Interest. Though, there are parts where the author describes more about stats which makes this book a bit boring.
Quotes, Achievements, records, Tips, believe in self, remains focused, Emotional control, everything is well described making it a wonderful read. It's a good book. We can learn about management skills which can be helpful for the reader.
This isn't Sourav Ganguly's biography, be clear of that before you start reading this book. You can think of it as being a book on management that uses Dada as its primary example. The author simplifies stuff, and although it is a lot of cricket terms, it does make for a good read. If you are a follower of the game, this could be more interesting for you.
I don't read non-fiction a lot, but this one did interest me significantly, so that is something to say. However, this may not be a page turner for many; it is more like a textbook on management principles, skills that surpass a specific domain/industry/sport and are applicable to all walks of life.
Sourav Ganguly has been one of the most appreciated Cricketers in India and across the world irrespective of the numerous controversies he has been involved in. His determination and never-give-up attitude has made him reach the zenith that he is at. He still does not sit quietly irrespective of retiring a long while ago and is completely engrossed in commentary, one of the Cricket Boards, hosts two reality shows in Bengali language etc. Sourav Ganguly is known for his captaincy tactics which transformed the Team India such that it started winning overseas matches where they couldn’t stand still in the past. Abhirup Bhattacharya has very simply explained how he has been able to contribute not only as a batsman or Captain of Team India, but as an individual from whom one can take management and life lessons.
The book consists of different chapters which are basically the qualities that Ganguly possesses such as Making of Brand Sourav, leadership, mental strength, quick learning, risk taking abilities, grooming future leaders, power of his aggression etc. The best part is how author has described about his sacrificial attitude where he always gave away his power just to make sure that another youngster in the team gets opportunity. The way his leadership skills are discussed gives beautiful insight. All the things that Ganguly did even with aggression is conveyed with a sight that you and me had never acknowledged and always saw it with negative attitude. Overall, the book is a good motivation. I give it 4* out of 5 for its genre.
Most recent customer reviews
Inspirational story of a man who made things happen.Read more