- Paperback: 244 pages
- Publisher: SAGE Publications India Pvt ltd; 1 edition (5 July 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 935328581X
- ISBN-13: 978-9353285814
- Product Dimensions: 14 x 1.4 x 21.6 cm
- Average Customer Review: 2 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #14,765 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ ₹ 120.00 Delivery charge
+ ₹ 95.00 Delivery charge
+ ₹ 105.00 Delivery charge
Why People Give Paperback – 5 Jul 2019
Save Extra with 4 offers
- Cashback: Flat Rs.50 back on minimum order of Rs.50 using Amazon Pay UPI. For Android App customers only. Valid once during offer period. Cashback within 10 days. Set up Amazon Pay UPI Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit card on orders above Rs.3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer (3): Get 5% cashback on a minimum purchase of Rs 2000 with HDFC Bank Debit Cards Here's how
- 5% Instant Discount on Axis bank Credit EMI and 10% Instant Discount on Axis Bank Debit EMI transactions Here's how
- 5% Instant discount with HSBC Cashback card Here's how
- Partner Offers (2): Avail EMI on Debit Cards. Get credit up to ₹1,00,000.Check eligibility here! Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
‘I see this book coming at a very interesting time—it focuses on hope and optimism rather than worrying about the world. It focuses on how the world will, could and has always come together to serve its own people’.
(Dr Purvi Mehta, Head of Asia Agriculture, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation)
This is a truly remarkable book full of humanity and common decency. The authors understand the joy of giving and the impact of philanthropy, and now explore what altruism means, what makes people give. (Janet Anne Royall, Baroness Royall of Blaisdon, Principal of Somerville College, University of Oxford, and former Leader of the House of Lords)
About the Author
After a successful career where she worked at the CXO level in multinational and leading Indian corporates, Ratna Vira turned to writing fiction in English, with her work highlighting issues of deep social concern. Her first book, Daughter by Court Order, was a national bestseller, reaching 4th in the Indian fiction lists in 2014, and it was featured in The New York Times. In the book, she talks boldly about issues of feudalism and the rights of women. This theme carried forward into her second book, It's Not About You, which was in the list of 35 Top Fiction and Non-Fiction Books of 2016. The book is about a single mother dealing with the school and the world when her son is found battered, beaten and bullied at school. Ratna is presently working on her third book which again holds up a mirror to society.
Ratna’s creativity extends to art. She is among the few Indian authors who writes and paints. She is known for her charcoals and mainly makes faces that express the different facets and stories of life and the world. The eyes in her charcoals speak of the stories within, the struggles, and the experiences of the people she draws.
She did her Masters in Political Science from the London School of Economics, UK and is an alumnus of St Stephen’s College, Delhi. Ratna has been a guest speaker at leading schools, universities including Oxford and Cambridge, international business schools, Lit Festivals and has also been part of several distinguished panels.
Suhasini is a second-year undergraduate student studying Economics and Politics at Durham University. She has been awarded the Laidlaw Scholarship for Research and Leadership. For her scholarship research project, she is analyzing the priorities and effectiveness of youth employment policy in India. She is the Co-Chief Editor of the Durham University Economics Journal and the Editor of the Business and Economics Column of the university’s online magazine, “The Bubble”. She spends her free time sketching, dancing and bingeing shows on Netflix.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Review this product
2 customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I am simply enjoying the book to tell u in nutshell.Already recommended to my friends n relations.Kudos to u n Suhasini !
Especially the first timer Suhasini !Great going !