- Hardcover: 320 pages
- Publisher: Aleph Book Company; First edition (19 January 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9789386021106
- ISBN-13: 978-9386021106
- ASIN: 9386021102
- Product Dimensions: 4 x 12 x 18 cm
- Average Customer Review: 213 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #185 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Why I Am a Hindu Hardcover – 19 Jan 2018
The order quantity for this product is limited to 2 units per customer
Please note that orders which exceed the quantity limit will be auto-canceled. This is applicable across sellers.
Save Extra with 1 offer
- Cashback (3): Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 50 using BHIM UPI (available only on mobile app/website) or RuPay cards. Offer period 1st September to 30th September. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days from purchase. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa debit card, credit card or ATM card. Only on your first 2 cashless orders on Amazon.in (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period 4th Sep to 30th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Offer valid only once per customer (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period: 11th Sep to 27th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Why I Am A Hindu is as balanced a book on religion as one can hope to write in these tumultuous times. It is also a necessary reminder to all Hindus that plural is the way they were, and plural is what they should continue to be-Scroll.in
Why I Am A Hindu is a robust defence of Hinduism in all its vibrant, pluralistic glory. It is a must-read for every politically curious Indian, and not only for janeu-dharis-Times of India
Why I Am A Hindu must be read by all, especially in trying times like ours- Mail Today
About the Author
Shashi Tharoor is the bestselling author of sixteen previous books, both fiction and non-fiction, besides being a noted critic and columnist. His books include the path-breaking satire the Great Indian Novel (1989), the classic India: From Midnight to the Millennium (1997) and most recently, An Era of Darkness: The British Empire in India, for which he won the Ramnath Goenka Award for Excellence in Journalism, 2016 for Books (Non-Fiction). He was a former Under Secretary-General of the United Nations and a former Minister of State for Human Resource Development and Minister of State for External Affairs in the Government of India. He is a two-time member of the Lok Sabha from Thiruvananthapuram and chairs Parliament’s External Affairs committee. He has won numerous literary awards, including a Commonwealth Writers’ Prize and was honoured as New Age Politician of the Year (2010) by NDTV. He was awarded the Pravasi Bharatiya Samman, India’s highest honour for overseas Indians.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Slow to censure
Authenticity is writ large in every page
Many may not agree with author yet they will admire him
Interesting and very readable
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Divided into two parts, the book describes the purpose and existence of Hinduism and how it is being misused in politics.Read more