Where the Wild Things Are (Caldecott Collection) Paperback – Illustrated, 26 December 2012
|Paperback, Illustrated, 26 December 2012||
Audio Cassette, Import
Save Extra with 4 offers
- Bank Offer (9): 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with Citi Credit Card, Debit Card and EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with Kotak Bank Credit/Debit Cards and EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 250 on minimum order of Rs. 1,000 with RuPay Credit/Debit Cards and EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with ICICI Bank Credit Card and Credit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 750 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with ICICI Bank Debit Card and Debit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- For Non-Prime members: Get 5% instant discount + 3% Reward Points with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card Here's how
- Prime Savings : Save 10% with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card Here's how
- Bonus Offer on Citi/Kotak/ICICI Cards (except ICICI Debit): Additional Flat cashback of Rs.1,500 on single transaction worth Rs.30,000 & above as Amazon Pay Balance Here's how
- Bonus Offer on Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card: Additional Flat cashback of Rs.750 on single transaction worth Rs.30,000 & above as Amazon Pay Balance Here's how
- Cashback (2): 5% back with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit card for Prime-members. 3% back for everybody else. Here's how
- Get 10% up to ₹150 back, pay with Amazon Pay UPI. Valid once per customer on 1st Amazon Pay UPI transaction on App. Click here to check eligibility Here's how
- No Cost EMI: Avail No Cost EMI on select cards for orders above ₹3000 Here's how
- Partner Offers (1): Get 25% back up to ₹250 with Amazon Pay Later. Valid on 1st Pay Later transaction. Check eligibility here! Here's how
Frequently bought together
More items to explore
The wild things--with their mismatched parts and giant eyes--manage somehow to be scary-looking without ever really being scary; at times they're downright hilarious. Sendak's defiantly run-on sentences--one of his trademarks--lend the perfect touch of stream of consciousness to the tale, which floats between the land of dreams and a child's imagination.
This Sendak classic is more fun than you've ever had in a wolf suit, and it manages to reaffirm the notion that there's no place like home.
“Each word has been carefully chosen and the simplicity of the language is quite deceptive.” (School Library Journal)
“A timeless classic that continues to win over the hearts of children. The simple, rhythmic text and expressive illustrations are just as appealing today as they were when I was a child.” 10 Must-Have Books for 2-Year-Olds (Brightly)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
- Item Weight : 181 g
- Paperback : 48 pages
- ISBN-13 : 978-0064431781
- Product dimensions : 25.55 x 0.64 x 22.86 cm
- Publisher : HarperCollins; Anniversary edition (26 December 2012)
- Language: : English
- ASIN : 0064431789
- Reading level : 4 - 8 years
- Best Sellers Rank: #18,786 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Review this product
Top reviews from India
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
many new and interesting books, it seems dated.
Why four stars then? Because of beautiful illustrations!
The design and the drawings in the book are extraordinary.
I am someone who would buy a book just for lovely drawings.
I love to leaf through the book.
Top reviews from other countries
A simple story, few characters, and a lot of imagination. You'll love it so much you'll want to eat it up!
It's an amazing story to read out loud, it's a great tell, words are perfect and so precise that the Author didn't need to write many.
The Wild Things are the like the Dragons that you see on those ancient maps, when lands and seas were yet to be discovered and still, Max - the little boy - is able to tame them.
This is what I like about the story: You just have to believe in yourself. You just have to go and start your own adventure. My baby just love the Monsters and Max's wolf suit.
The picture are so lovely, scary, funny, sad altogether. You can't forget them.
As an adult, you'll notice some references to William Blakes' Divina Commedia.
The book is as big as an A4 sheet, those you normally use for the printer: amazing size for small hands and big pictures. Won't rip easily.
I had mine for a few months now, and the pages are a bit yellowish, which I expect and adore in a book, but you never know what someone else might like. (see pic)
Note: Get this story in a paper Book, not eBook. Sendak hated them.
Spike Jones has directed a movie (2009) adapted from M.Sendak book, but it's different, and you won't get the book taste.
We devour picture books in our home. Sadly this is one of the only ones I regret purchasing.