- Reading level: 6 - 9 years
- Paperback: 48 pages
- Publisher: Lyle Stuart (1 December 2000)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0818402539
- ISBN-13: 978-0818402531
- Product Dimensions: 23.4 x 0.3 x 23.1 cm
- Average Customer Review: 2 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #1,35,061 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Where Did I Come From? Paperback – 1 Dec 2000
Save Extra with 1 offer
- Cashback (3): Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 50 using BHIM UPI (available only on mobile app/website) or RuPay cards. Offer period 1st September to 30th September. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days from purchase. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa debit card, credit card or ATM card. Only on your first 2 cashless orders on Amazon.in (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period 4th Sep to 30th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Offer valid only once per customer (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period: 11th Sep to 27th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
Peter Mayle spent fifteen years in the advertising business before escaping in 1975 to write books, including his bestselling "A Year in Provence "and "Toujours Provence". His work has been translated into seventeen languages and he has contributed to a variety of newspapers and magazines. He lives with his wife in Provence.
Robbins is Professor of Art Therapy at the Pratt Institute and a Founding Director of the Institute of Expressive Analysis. He is on the board of directors of the National Psychological Association for Psychoanalysis and has been on the faculty for over thirty years. He is also a New York State licensed psychologist and a graduate certified psychoanalyst.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
"Where Did I Come From" is very cleverly written, and I love it's description of conception and pregnancy. The description of sex was too graphic and lovey-dovey for what I thought was a good explanation for a seven-year-old with divorced parents. It goes into several pages of descriptions of kissing, thrusting, erections, the male orgasm, and ultimately makes sex sound like a very male-centric act (and always, curiously, in missionary position).
On the bright side, it did let me collect MY thoughts and gave me the confidence to explain things to my kid with the level of detail and context that I felt was appropriate. Yes, it was an awkward conversation, but there were lots of laughs and good questions. We focused more on "this is what happens when an egg and sperm get together and this is actually how it got there" and a discussion about making healthy choices and less on schmoopy descriptions of "what happens when mommies and daddies really love each other".
So my recommendation (if you are like me)? Just listen to your kids questions and answer them. Get the Ultimate Body-Pedia or a similar atlas for kids. Pull out some sonograms. If you really feel like the discussion needs more audio-visuals, pull up some nature videos. Talk about experiences with pregnancy and a few memories on the day your kid was born. Just remember, it can, and should be, an evolving conversation. My kid doesn't need overwhelming detail in one go. She needs someone to listen and to provide good information as she grows.
Our kids were 5 & 6 when we read this to them. Both found it enlightening without being weird or uncomfortable. We bring this out for an introductory reading or two, then it gets hidden away until there are future questions.