Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Western Digital WD Green 240 GB 2.5 inch SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (WDS240G2G0A)
Order it now.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you grow your business. Learn more about the program.
- SLC (single-level cell) caching boosts write performance to quickly perform everyday tasks
- With sequential read speeds up to 545 MB/s quickly boot your system, launch apps and open files.
- Available in 2.5”/7mm cased and M.2 2280 form factors to accommodate most PCs.
- Ultra low power-draw so you can use your laptop PC for longer periods of time. Shock-resistant and WD F.I.T. LabTM certified for compatibility and reliability.
- Includes a Brand Warranty:3-year limited warranty so upgrading your storage is worry-free.
- Manufacturer Detail: 5601, Great Oaks Parkway, San Jose, CA 95119, USAmporter Details: 1. Rashi Peripherals 2. Ingram Micro
Save Extra with 1 offer
- No Cost EMI : On Bajaj Finserv EMI cards if you checkout only with this item. Here's how
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enhance your system with AWD Green solid state Drive and improve the performance of your laptop or desktop computer For your daily computing needs. Slc caching (Single-Level cell caching) technology boosts write performance in a WD Green SSD to browse the web, play your favorite casual games, or simply start Up your system in a flash. Administrative rights are required for installation and execution of the application
Compare with similar items
Crucial BX500 240GB 3D NAND SATA 2.5-inch SSD (CT240BX500SSD1)
ADATA Ultimate SU650 120GB 3D NAND Solid State Drive (ASU650SS-120GT-R)
Crucial MX500 500GB SATA 6.0Gb/s 2.5-inch 7mm Internal SSD (CT500MX500SSD1)
Western Digital WD Green 240 GB M.2 2280 SATA Internal Solid State Drive (WDS240G2G0B)
HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3 1866MHz CL10 DIMM Desktop Memory (HX318C10F/8)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping on orders over $25||FREE Shipping on orders over $25||FREE Shipping on orders over $25||FREE Shipping on orders over $25||FREE Shipping on orders over $25||FREE Shipping on orders over $25|
|Sold By||Appario Retail Private Ltd||Appario Retail Private Ltd||Appario Retail Private Ltd||Appario Retail Private Ltd||Appario Retail Private Ltd||Appario Retail Private Ltd|
|Cache Memory Size||1||—||—||—||1||—|
|Flash Memory||240||240 GB||120||500 GB||240||—|
|Hard Disk Size||—||—||—||—||240 GB||—|
|Hardware Interface||SATA 6.0 Gb/s||SATA 6.0 Gb/s||SATA 6.0 Gb/s||SATA 6.0 Gb/s||SATA 6.0 Gb/s||—|
|Item Dimensions||10.05 x 6.98 x 0.7 cm||10.03 x 0.69 x 6.98 cm||10.04 x 6.98 x 0.7 cm||10.3 x 0.71 x 7 cm||8 x 0.15 x 2.2 cm||33.02 x 11.43 x 0.25 cm|
|Item Weight||30 grams||60 grams||0.5 kg||100 grams||7 grams||14 grams|
|Memory Clock Speed||—||—||—||—||—||1,866 MHz|
|Memory Storage Capacity||240 GB||240 GB||120 GB||500 GB||—||8 GB|
|System RAM Type||Unknown||—||—||—||Unknown||DDR3 SDRAM|
From the manufacturer
Enhanced Storage for Your Everyday Computing Needs
For fast performance and reliability, WD Green SSDs boost the everyday computing experience in your desktop or laptop PC.
Improved Performance for Everyday Computing
With the performance boost from a WD Green SATA SSD, you can browse the web, play a game, or simply start your system in a flash.
Solid State Reliability
Lightweight and shock resistant, WD Green SSDs use no moving parts and help keep your data safe from loss in the case of accidental bumps and drops.
Less Power. More Play
WD Green SSDs are among the lowest power consuming drives in the industry. And with less power used, your laptop runs longer.
Review this product
2,833 customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
In Short, I got the SSD for Rs 1700/-.
Now I own Asus R558UR Laptop bought in 2016. i5 6th Gen 2 Cores 2.4GHz, 12GB DDR4 2133MHz RAM, Nvidia 930MX 2GB Graphic Card, 1TB Seagate 5400RPM HDD.
My C Drive used up 60GB of Space, I am a Photographer so I used Lightroom and Photoshop, No Games etc.
My Laptop used to take 2.00Mins to Boot and 3.10Mins to open Google Chrome and get it working. It would then ShutDown in 30 Secs.
I put my SSD in the Place of my HDD and placed the HDD in the DVD bay using a Caddy.
Now my Laptop boots in an astonishing 21 Secs (0.21Mins), Opens up Chrome in 40 Secs and Shutsdown in 16 Secs.
Stats Aside, Here is my Advice
1) If you just want an SSD to make your PC Fast and you are just a regular PC user, Buy this one. This is the Cheapest.
This SSD comes in the category of Cheap SSD and does not have RAM but it still performs very nicely. You can compare this SSD with the Kingston and Sandisk and compare the speeds but in the real world the speed difference of 20-30MB between the benchmarks of these SSD's won't be that noticeable.
Simply installing an SSD in your system will make it faster 2 or 3 times. Just look at how much space your current C drive uses and buy the SSD which is at least 2 times to 4 times the size of your used C drive. The reason is that SSD become slower as they become full. The more empty the SSD, the faster it will perform.
My Suggestion would be to buy a 240GB variant so that your SSD will not get absolute for at least 5-7 years from now. Use the entire SSD as C Drive.
2) If you really want high-performance SSD, buy Samsung Evo 860. It has 512RAM DDR4 which increases its performance significantly and it also has 5 years of warranty compared to 3 years offered by other companies and by WD for this SSD.
Buy this if you do some seriously heavy professional work on your system which literally pushes everything in your device to 100% usage when seen in task manager. For a regular user buying, this is unnecessary as you will never be using the SSD to its full potential.
3) While buying an SSD don't look at it sequential Read & Write speeds unless you will be using it for storage purposes. While using your Laptop/PC your OS and any software while practically never read&write Sequentially. The Data packets are very small in size(in KBs) and are stored randomly on your drive.
Hence while using your SSD the Random Read&Write speed will determine the performance your SSD. These Speeds are shown in the second row of the Benchmarks i.e 4KiB. Always look at those speeds while buying your SSD not the first Row of Seq.
A data is written Sequentially only if its being moved or stored eg a movie when moved from one storage to another, all the data is together and hence is read & Written Sequentially.
4) The connector you use while connecting your SSD will affect the speeds. The SSD has a SATA3 interface capable of max 6gbps speed. Connecting the SSD using a SATA3 interface with your PC/Laptop will guarantee maximum use of the speed of SSD. Using a SATA2 cable will reduce the speeds to half since the max speed of SATA2 is 3Gbps.
If your Laptop/PC is around 5 years old, it definitely has SATA3 connector.
Even though in the benchmarks the speed looks slow, its because my SSD is half full. The speeds might look slow but in real world usage, my laptop does perform extremely fast.
Following are the Benchmarks I Did on my old HDD and new SSD.
Hope my review was helpful to you in buying your SSD.
Advice after you buy any SSD:
1) You can put an SSD in any Desktop and any LAPTOP!!!
Remove your DVD Drive and replace it with a Caddy Tray. Determine which size caddy tray your Laptop needs, a 9.5mm OR 12.5mm and buy one accordingly. Mostly everyone puts the SSD in Caddy Tray, I would suggest you to Remove your HDD and put that in the Caddy Tray and put SSD in place of your old HDD. This way even if your Caddy Tray has problems/issues or has a different SATA connector (eg SATA 2), it won't affect the system/laptop performance. Having your SSD in HDD place will give you Maximum Performance. Buy a DVD Bay Enclosure for your DVD Drive you removed from you Laptop so that you can use it externally when needed.
2) Do not clone your C Drive from old HDD to SSD. DO NOT!!! Do a fresh installation of Windows/Mac/Linux and a fresh installation of all the Softwares. DO NOT CLONE!!!
SSD of 120GB Size or any size is stored in 4 or 8 different Data Chips in the SSD. When you install softwares and OS on it, Data is distributted and written randomly across all the 4/8 chips. This maximizes the read spead (reads data from all chips instead of 1. Thus if read speed of one chip is 30MBPS, Reading from all 8 chips at once will give an effective speed of 30×8=240MBPS) and is the main reason why SSD are faster than HDD. Cloning will copy data from old HDD and write them sequentially to the new SSD. Therefore instead of the Data being written on all 4/8 chips, it will be only written in 1 OR 2 chips in the SSD. Therefore the random read speed in which the SSD's excel and outperform 100 times to the HDD's will not be used and data will be read and written sequentially, thus not giving you all the 100% performance upgrade you should get.
This is very practical and many many people face this issue that very less OR No performance upgrade was seen after switching from HDD to SSD if they cloned their system from the old HDD.
A drastic performance improvement was seen when they reinstalled everything new on the SSD.
Thats all the info, guide, Do's and Don't, Tips and Tricks and The Knowledge i have about these SSD's.
Thank you for reading the Entire Long Review.
Hope my effort/info was Helpful.
1. Boot time on my machine is less than 15 seconds
2. MS office opens as soon as you click on a file (haven't seen taking more than 3 seconds)
3. Chrome is never stuck (can open 10-12 tabs, never tried more than that but pretty sure it can handle more)
4. Significant time reduction in transferring file from pendrive, hard drive, phone
5. 3k for a 240gb ssd is the best deal, can't say about the coming times as technology improves but this is the best deal you can get for now
6. There are people who have written non satisfactory reviews on this (n they have compared it with samsung evo, let me tell you, i am sure that is among the best ssd available, but it comes at double the price with may be 20% extra performance, you can do the math to figure out which is better option when it comes to a value buy)
7. Honest opinion: If you are someone looking for an ssd that offers decent performance (8-10x better than 5400rpm hdd), and don't wanna spend too much on it then this is product for you
I hope this review helps you in making an informed decision on buying an ssd.
After switching to the SSD, the system boot time is 10 seconds max, sometimes less, reasons unknown. Photoshop now loads in less than 7 seconds, with all plugins loaded. It's a huge improvement.
Moreover, you don't have to worry about sudden shakes to the laptop, that goes without saying.
One thing to mention here, WD Green is the cheapest SSD on the WD lineup, Blue and Black are faster. If you have the budget for those, go for either a blue or a black.
Amazing product, at an affordable price.
Four stars only for the packaging, it could have been better.
When I connected to laptop and boot the laptop . Laptop took 20 mins to load and disk management not opening and disk part not opening. I thought problem with windows ,so I booted with Ubuntu, finally I was able to the ssd. It's already partitioned with 2 disk (PFA). It's Windows OS. When I try to access or format the disk. Not responding.
I have raised return request, will keep you post