- 5% Instant Discount with HDFC Credit and Debit EMI Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Get 10% cashback up to Rs.50 using BHIM UPI or Rupay ATM cards, debit cards or credit cards. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Get 50% cashback up to Rs.100 on your first ever online payment on Amazon.in. Applicable only on ATM card, debit card or credit card orders. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
The Wealthy Barber, Updated 3rd Edition: Everyone's Commonsense Guide to Becoming Financially Independent Paperback – 25 Nov 1997
Audio Cassette, Audiobook, Unabridged, Import
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
" . . . quite simply the best financial self-help book."
--Money Book Club, Book-of-the-Month Club
From the Inside Flap
." . . quite simply the best financial self-help book."
--Money Book Club, Book-of-the-Month Club
In this new and updated edition of one of the biggest-selling financial-planning books ever, David Chilton simplifies the complex puzzles of personal finance and helps you achieve financial independence. With the help of his fictional barber, Roy, and a large dose of humor, Chilton shows you how to take control of your financial future--slowly, steadily, and with sure success. Chilton's plan (detailed in an entertaining story) is no get-rich-quick scheme, but it does make financial independence possible on nothing more than an average salary.
This third edition has been updated with assistance from the Arthur Andersen Corporation, and covers the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997 and other recent developments.
Even if you consider yourself a financial "basket case," Chilton explains how you can easily put an effective financial plan into action.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
My complaints, however, are here:
- Although some of the tips are super easy to pick up, some will still go over your head. In my opinion, that defeats the whole purpose of the simplistic, investing-for-dummies approach to the book. I understand the types given are essential tips, so don't get me wrong there. It's just that some BASIC tips are fleshed out in 10 pages, and some ADVANCED tips are glossed over in a paragraph.
- With all the resources we have at our fingertips (aka the dang Internet), all the advice in this book could be found in a single personal finance blog post. I know, I know, that can be applied to about everything. But, it's important to remember this is an extremely short book as it is, so I would have liked a little more susbstance.
- Don't be fooled by the "Updated 3rd Edition" part of the title. It's crazy out of date, so be forewarned! The financial tips are still applicable for sure, but just know homes used the examples are going to cost $90,000. If that bothers you, pick up the updated version (2011): The Wealthy Barber Returns : Dramatically Older and Marginally Wiser, David Chilton Offers His Unique Perspectives on the World of Money
All that said, it's a solid 3 out of 5 for me. It had some great advice for first-time investors, but I think there's probably some better resources out there.
Flash forward 25ish years later - NKOTB is back out on the road. Despite that clear sign of the end times...
Yes! I was right - the principles in this book still hold true, and people are still falling for much of the commonly-espoused financial advice that simply isn't true. I bought this book for my wife for us to read together - she's heard me reference it so many times over the years, she just had to see what the buzz was about....
or maybe it was just to shut me up.