WD WDS120G2G0A 120GB 2.5-inch Internal SSD (Green)
|Price:||1,864.00 FREE Delivery.Details|
|You Save:||3,456.00 (65%)|
|Inclusive of all taxes|
Pay on Delivery (Cash/Card) eligible
What is this?
Pay on Delivery (Cash/Card) payment method includes Cash on Delivery (COD) as well as Debit card / Credit card / Net banking payments at your doorstep.
Fulfilled by Amazon indicates that this item is stored, packed and dispatched from Amazon fulfilment centres. Amazon directly handles delivery, customer service and returns. Fulfilled by Amazon items can be identified with an badge. Orders containing items Fulfilled by Amazon worth Rs.499 or more are eligible for FREE delivery. FBA items may also be eligible for faster delivery (Same-Day, One-Day and Two-Day).
If you are a seller, Fulfilment by Amazon can help you grow your business. Learn more about the programme.
- Improved performance for everyday computing
- An easy upgrade for your PC
- Solid state reliability
- Less power, more play
- Free WD SSD dashboard
- 3-year limited warranty
- For any queries, contact_us on: [ 18001205789 ]
Save Extra with 3 offers
- Cashback (2): Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Shop during the Visa Shopping Days starting 20th to end of every month. Applicable on shopping, recharges and bill payments. Cashback within 3 days from shipment. Here's how
- Get 25% back up to Rs. 50 back on your first order using Amazon Pay UPI. Cashback within 10 days. Link Bank Account Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No Cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit cards on orders above Rs. 3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer: 5% Instant Discount on ICICI bank Credit and Debit EMI transactions Here's how
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
BRAND : Western Digital, Western Digital 120GB Green 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive SATA Model WDS120G2G0A
From the manufacturer
Enhanced Storage for your Everyday Computing Needs
For fast performance and reliability, WD Green SSDs boost the everyday computing experience in your desktop or laptop PC.
Improved Performance for Everyday Computing
With the performance boost from a WD Green SATA SSD, you can browse the web, play a game, or simply start your system in a flash.
Solid State Reliability
Lightweight and shock resistant, WD Green SSDs use no moving parts and help keep your data safe from loss in the case of accidental bumps and drops.
Less Power. More Play
WD Green SSDs are among the lowest power consuming drives in the industry. And with less power used, your laptop runs longer.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
In Short, I got the SSD for Rs 1700/-.
Now I own Asus R558UR Laptop bought in 2016. i5 6th Gen 2 Cores 2.4GHz, 12GB DDR4 2133MHz RAM, Nvidia 930MX 2GB Graphic Card, 1TB Seagate 5400RPM HDD.
My C Drive used up 60GB of Space, I am a Photographer so I used Lightroom and Photoshop, No Games etc.
My Laptop used to take 2.00Mins to Boot and 3.10Mins to open Google Chrome and get it working. It would then ShutDown in 30 Secs.
I put my SSD in the Place of my HDD and placed the HDD in the DVD bay using a Caddy.
Now my Laptop boots in an astonishing 21 Secs (0.21Mins), Opens up Chrome in 40 Secs and Shutsdown in 16 Secs.
Stats Aside, Here is my Advice
1) If you just want an SSD to make your PC Fast and you are just a regular PC user, Buy this one. This is the Cheapest.
This SSD comes in the category of Cheap SSD and does not have RAM but it still performs very nicely. You can compare this SSD with the Kingston and Sandisk and compare the speeds but in the real world the speed difference of 20-30MB between the benchmarks of these SSD's won't be that noticeable.
Simply installing an SSD in your system will make it faster 2 or 3 times. Just look at how much space your current C drive uses and buy the SSD which is at least 2 times to 4 times the size of your used C drive. The reason is that SSD become slower as they become full. The more empty the SSD, the faster it will perform.
My Suggestion would be to buy a 240GB variant so that your SSD will not get absolute for at least 5-7 years from now. Use the entire SSD as C Drive.
2) If you really want high-performance SSD, buy Samsung Evo 860. It has 512RAM DDR4 which increases its performance significantly and it also has 5 years of warranty compared to 3 years offered by other companies and by WD for this SSD.
Buy this if you do some seriously heavy professional work on your system which literally pushes everything in your device to 100% usage when seen in task manager. For a regular user buying, this is unnecessary as you will never be using the SSD to its full potential.
3) While buying an SSD don't look at it sequential Read & Write speeds unless you will be using it for storage purposes. While using your Laptop/PC your OS and any software while practically never read&write Sequentially. The Data packets are very small in size(in KBs) and are stored randomly on your drive.
Hence while using your SSD the Random Read&Write speed will determine the performance your SSD. These Speeds are shown in the second row of the Benchmarks i.e 4KiB. Always look at those speeds while buying your SSD not the first Row of Seq.
A data is written Sequentially only if its being moved or stored eg a movie when moved from one storage to another, all the data is together and hence is read & Written Sequentially.
4) The connector you use while connecting your SSD will affect the speeds. The SSD has a SATA3 interface capable of max 6gbps speed. Connecting the SSD using a SATA3 interface with your PC/Laptop will guarantee maximum use of the speed of SSD. Using a SATA2 cable will reduce the speeds to half since the max speed of SATA2 is 3Gbps.
If your Laptop/PC is around 5 years old, it definitely has SATA3 connector.
Even though in the benchmarks the speed looks slow, its because my SSD is half full. The speeds might look slow but in real world usage, my laptop does perform extremely fast.
Following are the Benchmarks I Did on my old HDD and new SSD.
Hope my review was helpful to you in buying your SSD.
Advice after you buy any SSD:
1) You can put an SSD in any Desktop and any LAPTOP!!!
Remove your DVD Drive and replace it with a Caddy Tray. Determine which size caddy tray your Laptop needs, a 9.5mm OR 12.5mm and buy one accordingly. Mostly everyone puts the SSD in Caddy Tray, I would suggest you to Remove your HDD and put that in the Caddy Tray and put SSD in place of your old HDD. This way even if your Caddy Tray has problems/issues or has a different SATA connector (eg SATA 2), it won't affect the system/laptop performance. Having your SSD in HDD place will give you Maximum Performance. Buy a DVD Bay Enclosure for your DVD Drive you removed from you Laptop so that you can use it externally when needed.
2) Do not clone your C Drive from old HDD to SSD. DO NOT!!! Do a fresh installation of Windows/Mac/Linux and a fresh installation of all the Softwares. DO NOT CLONE!!!
SSD of 120GB Size or any size is stored in 4 or 8 different Data Chips in the SSD. When you install softwares and OS on it, Data is distributted and written randomly across all the 4/8 chips. This maximizes the read spead (reads data from all chips instead of 1. Thus if read speed of one chip is 30MBPS, Reading from all 8 chips at once will give an effective speed of 30×8=240MBPS) and is the main reason why SSD are faster than HDD. Cloning will copy data from old HDD and write them sequentially to the new SSD. Therefore instead of the Data being written on all 4/8 chips, it will be only written in 1 OR 2 chips in the SSD. Therefore the random read speed in which the SSD's excel and outperform 100 times to the HDD's will not be used and data will be read and written sequentially, thus not giving you all the 100% performance upgrade you should get.
This is very practical and many many people face this issue that very less OR No performance upgrade was seen after switching from HDD to SSD if they cloned their system from the old HDD.
A drastic performance improvement was seen when they reinstalled everything new on the SSD.
Thats all the info, guide, Do's and Don't, Tips and Tricks and The Knowledge i have about these SSD's.
Thank you for reading the Entire Long Review.
Hope my effort/info was Helpful.
When I connected to laptop and boot the laptop . Laptop took 20 mins to load and disk management not opening and disk part not opening. I thought problem with windows ,so I booted with Ubuntu, finally I was able to the ssd. It's already partitioned with 2 disk (PFA). It's Windows OS. When I try to access or format the disk. Not responding.
I have raised return request, will keep you post
2) some of my friends with old laptop they facing compatible issue means you have to update your BIOS
the outer body is plastic unlike the Transend which is metal with a 3.5 inch bracket inside the pack for it. this drive is supplied without any bracket however it can be just fitted with one screw and just works fine my desktop. speed is excellent.