WD WD My Passport Cinema 1TB, 4K UHD Preloaded Movie Storage (WDBZKS0010BBK-NESN)
Pay on Delivery (Cash/Card) eligible
What is this?
Pay on Delivery (POD) includes Cash on Delivery (COD) as well as Debit card / Credit card / Net banking payments at your doorstep.
- Compatible with Vidity-enabled 4K Ultra HD TV's and devices.
- Preloaded feature-length blockbuster 4K Ultra HD titles ready to be purchased.
- Download more movies from Vidity retailer such as M-GO.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Customers who bought this item also bought
Instantly experience stunning 4K UHD movies at home.Immerse yourself in the crystal-clear picture and rich audio of true 4K Ultra HD movies with My Passport Cinema movie storage from WD. It's easy, just plug it in to your Vidity-compatible Ultra HD TV or device, purchase a preloaded movie and start enjoying 8.3 million pixels of stunning entertainment in minutes.
Compare with similar items
WD Elements 1TB USB 3.0 Portable External Hard Drive (Black)
Western Digital Elements 1TB Portable External Hard Drive (Black)
Seagate 2TB Backup Plus Slim USB 3.0 Portable 2.5 Inch External Hard Drive for PC and Mac with 2 Months Free Adobe Creative Cloud Photography Plan - Black
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Techcom Infosys||Tech India Infocom Pvt. Ltd.||Appario Retail Private Ltd|
|Hardware Interface||USB 3.0; USB 3.0||USB 3.0||USB 3.0||SATA 3.0 Gb/s|
|Item Dimensions (Length * Breadth * Height)||11 x 8.15 x 1.57 Centimetres||11.1 x 1.5 x 8.2 Centimetres||2.54 x 2.54 x 2.54 Centimetres||11.35 x 7.59 x 1.22 Centimetres|
|Item Weight||295 grams||270 grams||300 grams||141 grams|
|Memory Storage Capacity||1 GB||1 TB||1,000||2 TB|
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
1. Only appears to be fully compatible with 2015 Samsung 4K SUHD TVs. 2014 models don't support UHD and 2016 haven't been made compatible with this. All other TV brands are not compatible at all. If you ever change TVs, all your investment in the 4K UHD titles will be lost.
2. You need to plug this into a USB 3.0 port.
3. The M-GO app is now called FandangoNow and is only available within the US.
4. Only the JS9000 or JS9500 series get 2 free movies (The Maze Runner 4K, and Exodus: Gods and Kings 4k). Regular price is $29.99
4. You can only store about 10 movies total on the drive. Each movie takes about 16 hours to download UNINTERRUPTED (i.e., you cannot exit the FandangoNow app or put the TV to sleep) @ about 1.5 MB/s and 80GB/movie. I use the Picture Off setting on my TV while downloading overnight.
5. The FandangoNow app is very buggy. Sometime it refuses to play the downloaded titles or ends up playing them in HD instead. Very often I have to restart the TV without Samsung Instant On and try again.
Given the above restrictions, I definitely don't think this is worth it. Very few of the moves really are worth 4K in the first place and it is way overpriced for the marginal improvements over Blu Ray (of the 8 4K UHD movie titles I have seen only Lucy 4K has been worthy of the 4K UHD stamp). If you really want to get into 4K UHD, then get the cheapest Xbox One S 500GB Console and actually buy discs. Not only is this solution portable across TVs and have a very good chance of actually working with your Samsung TV, the quality of the movie on the discs are the highest you can get and in many cases include a digital code and regular blu-ray to boot for extras for a lesser price than FandangoNow. Also the XBox One S supports 4K HDR Netflix and Amazon Video, and is in essence an all-in-one entertainment media center device.
The only thing that makes this drive even remotely worth it for me is that I got 2 free titles that covers the cost of the device. Otherwise, skip this entirely.
I signed up for MGO, (Fandango Now) but could not download any 4K content or access the titles on the device.
I've tried getting help from Western Digital and Fandango without being satisfied by either.
Wish I could get my money back
Video from the UHD movie looks great. I have watched The Wolverine and The Revenant, both movies have an amazing picture. On the audio side, its possible that high quality audio from the downloaded movie, e.g. Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD, will not be sent to your home theater receiver, depending on the TV's HDMI ARC interface. So you might only get Dolby Digital Plus or DTS 5.1 surround sound, which is still okay with most people. Keep in mind that you won't be getting the extras and special features normally included with a blu ray movie.
Update 5/2/17 - My 1TB external drive was maxed out at 10 movies. Had to delete a movie to get a new one on it. Even a 2TB drive would be a lot more practical for the average consumer and would not drive up the device cost too much. Also, it would be nice to have the option of NOT downloading the HD version of the UHD movie, since that takes up additional space on the drive.