WD My Passport Ultra 1TB Portable External Hard Drive (Black)-WDBZFP0010BBK-BESN
- USB 3.0 connectivity
- Automatic and cloud backup
- Password protection and hardware encryption
- Works great with Windows 8
- Free Windows 8 app
| The order quantity for this product is limited to 1 unit per customer|
Please note that orders which exceed the quantity limit will be auto-canceled. This is applicable across sellers.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Description for WD My Passport Ultra Portable External USB 3.0 Hard Drive with Auto Backup
WD 1 TB External hard Disk Drive.It is durability, shock tolerance, and longterm reliability. Then we protect the drive with a durable enclosure designed for style and protection.
From the Manufacturer
My Passport Ultra – Ultra-compact, local and cloud backup to go.
My Passport Ultra portable hard drive features WD SmartWare Pro backup software that lets you back up to the drive itself or use Dropbox to back up to the cloud. Move files quickly with the blazing speed of USB 3.0 connectivity. Keep your data private with password protection and hardware encryption.
Safeguard your memories with WD SmartWare Pro automatic backup software. Back up directly to this drive or back up to the cloud using Dropbox.
Offering up to 2 TB in a compact design, My Passport Ultra is the ideal companion for your Ultrabook and other slim notebooks. Travel light with all your digital content.
Use WD Security to set password protection and hardware encryption and protect your files from unauthorized use or access.
Ultra-sleek Design with High Capacity
At just half an inch thin (12.8mm) for the 500 GB model, this drive is sleek and fast with plenty of capacity for your important digital content. The 1 TB model is a mere 0.60 in (15.3 mm), while the massive capacity of 2 TB is only 0.81 in (20.5 mm).
Ultra-fast Transfer Rates
When connected to a USB 3.0 port, My Passport Ultra lets you access and save files in blazing speed. Reduce transfer time by up to three times when compared to USB 2.0 transfer rates.*
*Performance may vary based on user's hardware and system configuration.
USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 Compatibility
With this single drive you get compatibility with your USB 2.0 devices today and the ultra-fast speed of USB 3.0 when you're ready to step up to the to the next generation.
Automatic, Continuous Backup Software
WD SmartWare Pro automatic backup software works quietly in the background to help protect your data using minimal PC resources. Whenever you add or change a file, it's instantly backed up.
Local and Cloud Backup
WD SmartWare Pro lets you choose where you back up your files. Back up files to your My Passport Ultra drive or back up your files to the cloud using Dropbox.
Secure your Files
WD Security utility allows you to set password protection and hardware encryption for your drive to help keep your data private.
WD Drive Utilities
Register your drive, set drive timer, run diagnostics and more using WD Drive Utilities
Durable Enclosure Protects the Drive Inside
We know your data is important to you. So we build the drive inside to our demanding requirements for durability, shock tolerance, and long-term reliability. Then, we protect the drive with a durable enclosure designed for beauty.
Powered directly from the USB port on your PC. No separate power supply is needed.
- Transferring files in blazing fast speed with USB 3.0
- Connecting to the latest USB 3.0 devices and even backward compatible with USB 2.0 devices
- Backing up your files to the local drive with automatic backup software
- Backing up your files to the cloud using Dropbox
- Adding extra storage for your videos, music, photos, and files.
- Securing your files from unauthorized access with password protection and hardware encryption
- Connecting and powering through your USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 interface
What's in the Box
Portable hard drive, USB cable, WD SmartWare Pro software, Quick Install Guide.
Formatted NTFS + Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP operating systems
Requires reformatting for Mac OS X
Note: Compatibility may vary depending on user's hardware configuration and operating system.
Features at a Glance
- Ultra-compact design with plenty of storage
- Blazing-fast data transfers with USB 3.0 interface
- USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 compatibility
- Automatic backup software for local backups
- Cloud backup through Dropbox
- Password protection and hardware encryption
|Storage and backup to go||Desktop storage and backup||Storage with remote access|
|My Passport||My Passport Ultra||My Book||My Book Live||My Book Live Duo|
|Ultra-fast backup and storage.||Ultra-compact, with auto and cloud backup.||Ultra-fast backup and storage.||Shared storage for computers, tablets smartphones.||One double safe drive for all your screens.|
|Interface||USB 3.0, USB 2.0||USB 3.0, USB 2.0||USB 3.0, USB 2.0||Ethernet||Ethernet|
|Capacity range||500 GB - 2 TB||500 GB - 2 TB||1 TB - 4 TB||1 TB - 3 TB||4 TB - 6 TB|
|WD SmartWare Pro|
|Password protection and hardware encryption|
|Secure remote access|
|Portable form factor|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- It's a really compact device. I love it.
- The most important thing is that it comes with an encryption software for data security. A word of caution to be followed, make sure to properly remember the password or note it down somewhere safe, just in case you forgot it. Because without the password you wouldn't be able to view the content. Literally, you wouldn't be able to use the drive.
- If you are planning to buy one, don't hesitate.
- Buy an HD case as soon as you can. Check here, Shockproof Travel HDD Storage Protection Case
Now the thing is my 2TB drive is about run out of space, so I'm actually planning for a 4TB variant, WD Elements 4TB (Black)
Besides, you might check out some alternatives below;
a. WD My Passport 2TB Portable External Hard Drive (Black)
b. Toshiba Canvio Basics 2TB USB 3.0 Portable External Hard Drive
1. TRUSTED brand WD (WD customer service is very good and helpful, they take care of your issues real fast)
2. 3.0 USB data transfer (avg 60Mbps, highest 103Mbps as far as I've noted)
3. No effect in transfer speed even after the drive is 95% full (transfer speed remains same)
4. STURDY Design (Looks good & gives PROTECTION to your precious data)
5. 1.81 TB of storage space (Lot to store your favorite songs, movies, games)
6. SECURITY encryption through WD software (You can save your precious data by enabling password protection)
7. Doesn't heat much
8. It's compact by not so slim (a bit fat... LOL)
9. 3 years warranty
PROBLEMS I faced:
After 2 years of fabulous service, one fine day my drive won't get detected when I connect it to my laptop. I searched through the net and found that it's happening because my data got CORRUPTED. It was afterall my fault I figured out, I accidentally removed the USB cable when some copying of data was going on... I had almost 1.78 TB of precious data in there.
I CONTACTED WD, and they were fat to reply and guide me. I came to know that WD CANNOT RECOVER my data, but can GIVE PERMISSION to recover from another 3rd party recovery company without hampering my warranty. After that I had to send the drive to WD through any courier service at FREE OF CHARGE, that is cash on delivery. I sent my drive and they constantly kept me updated through the process. And within 17 days I got a new WD drive. They replaced this drive with another newer 2016 model.
So, my experience with WD is pretty good and thus I trust WD.
Final Verdict: GO FOR IT. Two thumbs up.
This WD my passport is just like another external HDD, with one little extra feature of "My passport security". Basically you can use this pre-loaded software to encrypt the HDD and its contents. After you have successfully put a password, it won't even show up as a HDD on any computer system! So no one would be able to even see the device (without password), let alone hack/format it!
BTW my cousin has got Transcend external HDD, he paid more than me for it and he believes in the gimmick called "military grade protection"! Let me tell you, that feature is just like "water ressistant" wrist watches! It can just tolerate a little shock but only a fool would try to test his HDD for this! I don't think this transcend is any better than mine. In general, all external HDD can tolerate some shock. And how much "extra" shock this transcend can tolerate, nobody can say for sure!
In short, avoid such gimmick companies (like transcend), and settle for simple hard disks like this WD my passport, or any cheap seagate model!