- Item model number: ANX01
- ASIN: B00MUGJM4W
- Date first available at Amazon.in: 17 August 2014
- Average Customer Review: 150 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #8,747 in Garden & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Garden & Outdoors)
WANTRN® 3 in 1 Mosquito Destroyer Device
Pay on Delivery (Cash/Card) eligible
What is this?
Pay on Delivery (POD) includes Cash on Delivery (COD) as well as Debit card / Credit card / Net banking payments at your doorstep.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Power - Battery (AA ) - Usb Mode operated Machine
- Odorless & Smokeless & Chemical Free - 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
- Place the Mosquito Trap in a part of the room where it is not directly under a fan and is away from drafts.
- In a dark and static environment, the Trap catches mosquitoes quite fast and gives best results, so all lights should preferably be switched off when using the Trap.
- Switch the Trap on 3 hours before you sleep. This way it is ready to do its work well all through the night. Place the Trap at a height ranging from 0.5 to 1.5 meters
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Description for WANTRN® 3 in 1 Mosquito Destroyer Device
WANTRN Mosquito Trap attracts mosquitoes like a magnet using a combination of heat,Light and a special Flight Guide to catch and kill mosquitoes. 3 in 1 Mosquito Trap connectivity options Power-battery-usb mode.WANTRN® is truly a best of breed mosquito trap and represents the best value on the market today. How to Use ? To get the best results from your Wantrn Mosquito Trap please read the following instructions carefully: 1. Place the Mosquito Trap in a part of the room where it is not directly under a fan and is away from drafts. 2. The Trap should be placed in a relatively undisturbed part of the room, with no obstructions around it, to allow for free circulation of air. 3. In a dark and static environment, the Trap catches mosquitoes quite fast and gives best results, so all lights should preferably be switched off when using the Trap. 4. Switch the Trap on 3 hours before you sleep. This way it is ready to do its work well all through the night. 5. Place the Trap at a height ranging from 0.5 to 1.5 meters. (Some models come with a customized stand for the Trap.) 6. The Adapter that goes into the power point in your wall is a sophisticated gadget. Make sure it does not get accidentally pulled out while the Trap is on with regular use, the Trap will also begin to pull out and kill all mosquitoes hidden behind the curtains, furniture or in the nooks and crannies of your room. 7.Before cleaning the mosquito killer, should unplug the power and then rotate the bottom open to clean it. Some mosquitoes may be still alive, better to cover the mosquito killer with a piece of cloth or a towel and then take off the screen
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
HOW DOES IT WORK:
It works by emitted light that attracts mosquitoes. This means that for it to be effective, it needs to be placed in an area where it's light is visible (ie. dark area). It works best @ night when no lights are ON.
Once the mosquitoes are attracted, the next task is to kill the same. This is where this device is soo different from the others. It does not use some strong chemical or electrical shock etc etc to kill the mosquito. Once the mosquito is close enough, it will be pulled in and dumped into the perforated metal drum in the lower portion of the device. The DC fan is similar to the cooling fan we see in some CPU cabinets. It's almost fully silent and does it's job effectively.
Now for the mosquitoes to see the light and then come to this device, the FANS must be off. The absence of any wind action is the best scenario for this device to work effectively.
So how does it actually kill the mosquitoes? That's the part most people fail to understand. It takes hours and hours of time for the mosquitoes to die. The fan continuously keeps pushing the air down and the mosquitoes trapped there have nowhere else to go. So they keep flying inside that drum. They will slowly get tired and get dehydrated due to the continuous air flow and slowly die. So you need to ensure that the device runs continuously for 8 or 10 hours so that the mosquitoes are killed. If you think you are conserving electricity and turn the device OFF after 1 hour, the mosquitoes trapped inside will just fly out once the fan stops running. Remember that they are not instantly killed after being sucked into the drum.
IMPORTANT POINTS AGAIN:
* Keep it in a dark place
* Ensure that the wind action is very low. Fans should be OFF.
* Device should be in operation for many hours to actually kill the mosquitoes
* Keeping it in a raised position gives better results.
* Catches and kills lots of mosquitoes once the criteria for lack of light and wind are met.
* No harmful effects unlike other devices that use poisonous liquids or chemicals that may affect humans as well. Especially safe for children, old people and those who suffer from asthma etc.
* Can run continuously for a day or so.
* Draws very low power
* Expectation of having low light and low wind for the device to be effective
* Does not immediately kill the mosquitoes
* Mosquitoes will escape if the power goes out (and you don't have an inverter)
* It catches some 'good' insects also who are attracted to its light. Can't help it :-(
Is it worth this cost? Of course, yes! It helps us to get rid of mosquitoes and has a long life. I would certainly recommend this to be the primary mosquito control device. Those who are impatient and wish to kill mosquitoes instantly can look at electric bats or other devices.
Have a look at some of the photos I've uploaded. I managed to keep this device tied to a tree outside my house and switched OFF all the exterior lights. The results were amazing., lots of mosquitoes were caught when I checked it in the morning. Now, a few mosquitoes were still active and flew away when I opened the device. That meant that they would have been trapped just in the early morning and were not killed by dehydration.
Overall, I'm very happy with this device and I would recommend you use the same as advised to get rid of the mosquito menace in your area. Nowadays, too many diseases are spreading because of the mosquitoes and this is just a small price to pay.
If you found this review helpful, please hit the "YES" button below. Thanks a ton!
Edit 1: I received a new adapter after I wrote to the supplier but it arrived in a faulty condition. I wrote to the supplier and shall revert with status.
Edit 2: I received a new adapter soon after and has been working good for the last couple of weeks. The sight of mosquitoes lying dead in the bottom half is comforting that the machine works. We still do use the mosquito bat about 10 minutes a day however to counter places not covered by the machine.
I would recommend this device over other similar devices.
I advice all of you not to waste your money on this item, it will become a Junk in house and you will have to throw it .
DON'T switch it on in a room with people, bedroom where you're sleeping or in a room with lots of lights.
1. Reduces (captures) the number of mosquitos
2. Captures even moths and other flying insects.
1. Battery power doesn't work. (I think the item I received is defected) The product doesn't work on battery power , causing some mosquitos to be released when power fails.
2. Small range of mosquito capturing, only captures mosquitos randomly passing by its vicinity
3. Noise level as that of Computer/laptop fan.