Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Visual Studio Extensibility Development: Extending Visual Studio IDE for Productivity, Quality, Tooling, and Analysis Kindle Edition
From the Back Cover
The book begins with an introduction to the basic concepts of Visual Studio including data structures and design patterns and moves forward with the fundamentals of the VS extensibility model. Here you will learn how to work on Roslyn - the .NET compiler platform - and load extensions in VS. Next, you will go through the extensibility model and see how various extensions, such as menus, commands, and tool windows, can be plugged into VS. Moving forward, you’ll cover developing VS extensions and configuring them, along with demonstrations on customizing extension by developing option pages. Further, you will learn to create custom code snippets and use a debugger visualizer. Next, you will go through creation of project and item templates including deployment of VS extensions using continuous integration (CI). Finally, you will learn tips and tricks for Visual Studio and its extensibility and integration with Azure DevOps.
After reading Visual Studio Extensibility Development you will be able to develop, deploy, and customize extensions in Visual Studio IDE.
- Discover the Visual Studio extensibility and automation model
- Code Visual Studio extensions from scratch
- Customize extensions by developing a tools option page for them
- Create project templates, item templates, and code snippets.
- Work with code generation using T4 templates
- Code analysis and refactoring using Roslyn analyzers
- Create and deploy a private extension gallery and upload the extensions
- Upload a VS extension using CI
- Ship your extension to Visual Studio Marketplace
About the Author
- File Size : 39983 KB
- Word Wise : Not Enabled
- Print Length : 450 pages
- Publisher : Apress (3 July 2020)
- ASIN : B08CMYVY5Q
- Text-to-Speech : Not enabled
- Language: : English
- Enhanced Typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled