auto-hp family

on 16 July 2017
What can i say about an erudite who has explored Indian history & antiquity to the core. It was a delight to finally come across a book that's based on Sanatan history & characters, that in spite of being fiction, neither corrupted them nor glorified the villains (which has become a trend among the fiction writers lately), but brought the real essence of Dharm.

The book though has quite an sluggish start, but gradually (within few chapters) it catches the pace and it just gets better with every page. One has to accept the prowess of the author, by the way he came up with the logical/scientific explanations to various event we see as "chamatkaars", especially the 'upliftment of Trishanku towards heaven', that was just marvelous.

And I am thankful that the author didn't try to bring any idiotic-logical, rather idiological description for the act of divine, which I am tired of seeing in mythological-fiction books where the author tries to explain the leelas and ruins it. The acceptance to the truth, the actual is what should we do instead of being hesitant of accepting our heritage, cause what's truth, will always be.

Like I once quoted in one of my blogs: "divinity cannot be doubted or questioned, it is holy. One can either believe it or disown it as there is no mid-way"

'Vishwamitra' is the journey of a human, who defied all odds and attained what he aspired for, that was rare to devas even. The book is a must read and I wish Vineet all the best for his future endeavors.
on 26 July 2016
Vishwamitra is an excellent book by respected Author.The work cited not only makes us aware of our own History but also puts light on the fact that how changing circumstances can change a persons character,personality,fate and thought.A normal Human being has a lot of power.With the power of determination and faith in one's own ability, one can touch the sky,the book has proved it very well.Story line is very smooth and imagination power is up to the mark.It is far more difficult to put imagination into words that putting facts into words.Beautiful words have been selected for describing Vishwamitra and Menaka's scenario.Excellent vocabulary has been used for describing Human psychology while facing the toughest situations of life as I think physical traumas are easier to cope up but mental traumas,needs a strong drive.The best thing which I observed that respected vineet has put scientific facts in describing events as fusion ,fission reaction taking place in Sun,which was observed by Vishwamitra and led to the discovery of Gayatri Mantra.The same way,correct scientific method has been described as how a solar system is formed starting from a star to planets,captured by the gravitational pull of Sun.This book must be read by persons of all age group.The book puts a light on Hindu mythology,austerity,power of sadhana,liberation and above all determination of Human being.Congratulations to Dr.Vineet Aggarwal and may Goddess Saraswati bless him.
Sonam shrivastava-Writer at Shivalik Prakashan
on 30 January 2018
Another brilliant book by Dr. Vineet Aggarwal. I love how he starts off with one generation and eventually comes to the hero of the book thus providing us a lot of information about the other characters too. My absolute favorite in this book was the part where Vishwarath 'discovers' the Gayatri Mantra. That part was so well written that I could see it all unfold in front of me. Vishwamitra is often limited to being the rishi who asked Ram to save his sacrifices, it was quite nice to delve into the background and what he was like in his younger days. The book is full of trivia which not only educates the reader but also makes it more factual than a mere fiction. Brilliant, just brilliant!
on 1 November 2016
This book could be finished in 3 days. Written by Dr.Aggarwal in a simple English. The book shows how a Kshatriya breaks the belief that only upper caste can do miracle things and elevate to a greater heights in spiritualism. The book brings out that any soul under the Sun are equal and have equal capability to excel and reach supremacy in everything...equal to Devas. The author has written beautifully and the flow is even. However certain points are debatable from the point of Dharma. But since it is fictional, those minor things can be forgotten and young author must be encouraged. Doctor, Thanks for a beautiful novelistic approach. Pen down few more on Indian epics..
Regards
on 16 August 2017
The author has explained the events meticulously and flawlessly while maintaining simple yet rich language. Vineet has a writing style that'll keep you engaged and not bore you up even if you keep reading for hours. So if you're fond of Sanatan Dharma history this book won't disappoint you. It's simply great.
on 17 August 2015
An excellant read to explore our cultural foundations..invloved yet not losing the pace anywhere..author's creative ingenuity could be seen at it's best during vaious inscriptions at many places in the book..the author could clearly present his perception of what it takes to nurture a great mind and philosophy in a lucid yet captivating style.
on 24 January 2018
The story of vishwamitra is awe inspiring - told here in a perfect way to both inspire and guide the younger generation.
on 27 February 2017
I'll say a good book to read.As being Punjabi my English vocabulary is as poor as wallet of a bachelor after 15th of every month and therefore I liked the simple words used to glorify our ancient hero.While reading the book I was travelling back to the time and thumps up for the study author has made for this book.Simply awesome!!!!
on 7 April 2016
I follow Vineet Aggarwals blogs about mythology regularly and couldn't wait to get my hands on his books. I was impressed with parshuram and I am even more impressed with Vishwamitra! The author expertly manages to blend mythology and science fiction and the result is spellbinding!! Though the science fiction elements could have been just a little more fleshed out , it nevertheless manages to set our pulses racing. A must read !!!
on 8 January 2018
This book kept me spellbound, and as a new Hindu, imparted so much knowledge to me. Thank you for this.