- Product Dimensions: 30.5 x 20 x 36.2 cm ; 1.93 Kg
- Item model number: V745A/V745-JUV
- ASIN: B001FWXKTA
- Date first available at Amazon.in: 28 May 2014
- Average Customer Review: 4 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #27,444 in Health & Personal Care (See Top 100 in Health & Personal Care)
Vicks Warm Mist Humidifier with Auto Shut-Off
Pay on Delivery (Cash/Card) eligible
What is this?
Pay on Delivery (POD) includes Cash on Delivery (COD) as well as Debit card / Credit card / Net banking payments at your doorstep.
- Automatic Shut-Off
- 1-Gallon Capacity; Operates Up To 12 Hours On A Single Filling
- Quiet Operation. Soft Glowing Nightlight.
- 2 Comfort Settings
- Medicine Cup Allows The Use Of Vicks Vaposteam Or Kaz Inhalent To Produce A Medicated Vapor That Sooths
|Note: The order quantity for this product is limited to 1 unit per customer.|
Please note that orders which exceed the quantity limit will be auto-canceled. This is applicable across sellers.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Vicks Pure Warm Mist Humidifier for Relief of Cold & Flu Symptoms. This humidifier boils water to a pure steam vapor up to 96% bacteria free. This mixes with dry air in the cooling chamber to release warm, moist air into the room
From the manufacturer
- Whisper quiet operation won't disturb your sleep.
- Convenient carrying handle.
- Tank floor designed to drain completely, no standing water.
- Softglow nightlight.
- No filters required.
- Auto shut-off.
Warm Mist Humdifier
How it Works
The tank feeds water in the boiling chamber where it is heated to a pure steam vapor. The vapor is up to 95% bacteria-free and has no white dust. The steam vapor mixes with dry air in the cooling chamber. The warm moist air is released into the room.
- Medicine cup for use with Vicks VapoSteam.
- Translucent tank shows water level - operates at least 12 hours on a single filling.
- Power switch with two output settings. High for maximum moisture or larger rooms. Low maintains a comfortable humidity level in average-sized rooms.
As cold temperatures set in, humidity levels drop, cold air is unable to hold as much moisture as warm air. Because of this, when we heat our home the relative humidity levels can drop to as low as 10%. This is drier than the Sahara Desert, and can lead to drier skin, as well as nose and throat discomfort. It can also cause static electricity, and plants and furniture to dry out. Some people experience discomfort when humidity levels are lower than 25%. A comfortable humidity level should be between 40-60%.
Humidity Reduces the Survival of Flu and Viruses on Surfaces
In the fight against the flu, your home is a major battleground. Millions of flu particles can linger in the air and on surfaces we touch day in and day out. Recent studies suggest that humidifiers may play an important role in reducing the survival of the flu virus. Studies have shown that keeping indoor air at an RH level of 40-60% reduces the survival of flu viruses on surfaces and in the air.*
*A study by Environmental Health and Engineering (Environmental Health 2010, 9:55) shows that keeping air at relative humidity levels between 40-60% can reduce survival of flu viruses on surfaces and in the air. Humidifiers can help achieve and maintain this humidity level.
Recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics
While there is no cure for the common cold, fortunately, there are things parents can do to make children and themselves feel more comfortable. Using a humidifier is definitely one of them. In fact, when a child comes down with a cold the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends running a cool mist humidifier to provide temporary relief from cough and congestion for better breathing and a more comfortable sleep.
For Additional Relief
Medicine cup allows the use of Vicks Vaposteam or Kaz Inhalant to produce a medicated vapor that soothes and helps to relieve coughs.
|Vicks Warm Mist Humidifier||Vicks SweetDreams Cool Mist Humidifier||Vicks Filter Free Cool Mist Humidifier||Vicks Starry Night Cool Mist Humidifier||Vicks Warm Steam Vaporizer||Vicks Mini Filter Free Cool Mist Humidifier|
|Tank Capacity||1.0 Gallon||1.0 Gallon||1.2 Gallons||1.0 Gallon||1.5 Gallons||0.5 Gallons|
|Recommended Room Size||Medium||Medium||Medium||Medium||Medium||Small|
|Run Time||Up to 12 Hours||Up to 24 Hours||Up to 33 Hours||Up to 24 Hours||18-24 Hours||Up to 20 Hours|
|Warranty||3 Years||3 Years||3 Years||3 Years||3 Years||3 Years|
|Dimensions (LxWxH)||12.00" x 7.90" x 14.20"||11.20" x 11.00" x 13.00"||9.50" x 8.50" x 12.10"||11.38" x 11.34" x 13.19"||8.10" x 11.30" x 12.25"||9.72" x 9.72" x 10.43"|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This humidifier helps my baby when he has cold and a congested nose. You can actually see the humidity if the room going up(if u have the measuring instrument) increases the humidity by 15%-20%.
While buying ensure that you are able to buy required voltage converter else you will end up having product but unable to use it.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
This Vicks humidifier was really helpful throughout the whole winter it lets out a nice amount of mist and you can really tell the difference its a great feeling waking up not as congested as before.
I like that it has 2 settings on the high setting you can run it for around 8-9 hours which will last you the whole night on the lower setting it will last for around 19- 20 hours on average.
I also love that it has a auto turn off so you dont have to worry about it staying on when the water runs out.
Like any humidifier or anything that you let water sit in MOLD WILL GROW so dont flip out if you see mold whats good about this is that its very easy to clean out and with proper maintenance you wont have any major issues with mold or anything else like that.
You can wipe it clean or use vinegar to kill the mold this one is very easy to clean.
My only issue is that its just a little big so its hard to find the perfect spot to put it but thats just my preference so I cant take off a star for that reason alone.
On the other hand a plus of having a bigger humidifier is that the water will last longer and will reach your whole room instead of just 1 small area.
I also like that this is not to noisy its actually a soft soothing noise that helps me fall asleep.
All in all this is a great humidifier it really works well does a perfect job easy to use easy to clean and a solid price point as well.
If you found my review helpful it’d be great if you[...]. I am happy to leave reviews to help others make decisions prior to purchase and I enjoy reading your reviews to help me with mine
"The two types of humidifiers which generally appear to produce the greatest dispersions of both microorganisms and minerals are:
• Ultrasonic, which create a cool mist by means
of ultrasonic sound vibrations.
• Impeller, or "cool mist," which produces a
cool mist by means of a high-speed rotating
Two additional types of humidifiers can allow for growth of microorganisms if they are equipped with a tank that holds standing water, but generally disperse less, if any, of these pollutants into the air. These are:
• Evaporative, which transmit moisture into the
air invisibly by using a fan to blow air through a
moistened absorbent material, such as a belt,
wick, or filter.
• Steam vaporizer, which create steam by
heating water with an electrical heating element
or electrodes. "Warm mist" humidifiers are a
type of steam vaporizer humidifier in which the
steam is cooled before exiting the machine."
Anyway, this warm mist humidifier falls into that last category, which is why I purchased it. I now use two of these and have been running them daily for about 6 months. There is no white dust or fog from these humidifiers. Understand that instead of the minerals in the water being put into the air as a fog (and breathed in) and being dispersed all over the house as dust, they stay behind in the machine. Just the water evaporates. This means the minerals must be cleaned out of the machine from time to time. Follow the cleaning directions on the machine. It cleans very easily. If you have a lot of minerals in your water you may need to clean it more often. If you don't remove the mineral build up, the unit will eventually show an orange light and will not run until it is cleaned. I am very happy to clean up the minerals from this machine rather than breathe them in. There are many contaminants in tap water, and in my area arsenic is one of them. Even though the water district sends out letters every year or so showing the arsenic levels and assuring us that the levels are below the "acceptable" range, I choose to drink filtered water and would think it is best not to breathe arsenic powder (and who knows what else) into my lungs.
On low it runs about 24 hours. On high about 12 hours. When the tank is empty the green light turns orange and the unit turns off.
It is simple to use, fill and clean.
1) This item is being shipped from a warehouse to your home. If it arrives broken, cracked, leaking or damaged in any way, contact Amazon- they offer one of the best return policies around. This is an issue with whoever shipped it, not a reason to leave a one-star rating.
2) This is a HUMIDIFIER and uses tap water and electricity to create a heated mist. Should you be horrified to find mold or mildew? NO. Does it require regular maintenance and cleaning? YES. There is no way around it. If you allow water to sit, mold will grow. If you use tap water, there is a good chance you will have mineral deposits. Inspect the humidifier each time you fill it.
When you re-fill the tank, give it a good rinsing out. It if smells, add a teaspoon of bleach, swish it around and dump it out.
If it has deposits around the heating element, pour vinegar into the bottom, let it sit for a few hours, take a small toothbrush to it and rinse it out.
If it has deposits on the plastic pieces, remove them from the unit and soak them in vinegar, same as above. It is not difficult to disassemble at all.
It is a fact of life, humidifiers need to be cleaned and maintained.
3) This is a very INEXPENSIVE humidifier. Is it helpful to compare it to a humidifier that costs 5x as much? NO. That is like comparing a Toyota Corolla (MSRP 25K) to a Bentley Continental (MSRP 175K).
4) This is an electrical device. Like anything that uses electricity, it has the potential to start a fire. Even though it has an automatic shut-off, I wouldn't bet my house on it. Pay a little attention to it and treat it like any other electrical device.
5) Seriously, having to carry it by it's handle with the plug on top is a big issue? Would you carry a bottle of water (or any liquid with a screw cap, for that matter) upside down? As for the leaking, screwing the cap on tightly and carrying it by it's handle would probably help.
6) Will it last for a lifetime? NO. Does any inexpensive product last beyond a few years? NO. Will the gaskets dry out if it is stored for long periods of time? It's entirely possible. Again, this is an INEXPENSIVE humidifier.
BOTTOM LINE: It is very reasonable priced, does a good job and lasts a couple of years if you take care of it. I am about to make my 4th purchase of this exact humidifier. I read the reviews to see if anything changed or if a better, similarly priced unit was introduced into the market. The answer is NO. This is the best deal for the money.
****UPDATE**** 11/19/2011 Almost one year later, last week I pulled out the humidifiers and gave 'em a nice, thorough cleaning, set 'em up and they are working perfectly. I am going on at least my 5th New England winter with the first one I bought, and it still works like new - whisper quiet, zero leaking, couldn't be happier for the price! From the looks of it, Amazon's price hasn't changed much either (although it does fluctuate day-to-day). It's still the BEST YOU"LL FIND in this price range!