Deploy and manage VMware vSphere 6.5 components with ease.
- Simplified and to-the-point theory and practical recipes to deploy and manage vSphere 6.5
- Discover the best ways to deploy stateless and stateful ESXi hosts and upgrade them
- Storage and network resource management
- Certificate management using VMCA
- Monitor the performance of a vSphere environment.
VMware vSphere is a complete and robust virtualization product suite that helps transform data centers into simplified on-premises cloud infrastructures, providing for the automation and orchestration of workload deployment and life cycle management of the infrastructure. This book focuses on the latest release of VMware vSphere and follows a recipe-based approach, giving you hands-on instructions required to deploy and manage a vSphere environment.
The book starts with the procedures involved in upgrading your existing vSphere infrastructure to vSphere 6.5, followed by deploying a new vSphere 6.5 environment. Then the book delves further into the procedures involved in managing storage and network access to the ESXi hosts and the virtual machines running on them. Moving on, the book covers high availability and fair distribution/utilization of clustered compute and storage resources.
Finally, the book covers patching and upgrading the vSphere infrastructure using VUM, certificate management using VMCA, and finishes with a chapter covering the tools that can be used to monitor the performance of a vSphere infrastructure.
What you will learn
- Upgrade your existing vSphere environment or perform a fresh deployment
- Automate the deployment and management of large sets of ESXi hosts in your vSphere Environment
- Configure and manage FC, iSCSI, and NAS storage, and get more control over how storage resources are allocated and managed
- Configure vSphere networking by deploying host-wide and data center-wide switches in your vSphere environment
- Configure high availability on a host cluster and learn how to enable the fair distribution and utilization of compute resources
- Patch and upgrade the vSphere environment
- Handle certificate request generation and renew component certificates
- Monitor performance of a vSphere environment
Who this book is for
If you are a system administrator, support professional, or anyone interested in learning how to install, configure, and manage a vSphere environment, then this book is for you. This task-oriented reference guide will also benefit consultants or infrastructure architects who design and deploy vSphere 6.5 environments.
Table of Contents
- Upgrading to vSphere 6.5
- Greenfield Deployment of vSphere 6.5
- Using vSphere Host Profiles
- Using ESXi Image Builder
- Using vSphere Auto Deploy
- Using vSphere Standard Switches
- Using vSphere Distributed Switches
- Creating and Managing VMFS Datastore
- Managing Access to the iSCSI and NFS Storage
- Storage IO Control, Storage DRS, and Profile Driven Storage
- Creating and Managing Virtual Machines
- Configuring vSphere 6.5 High Availability
- Configuring vSphere DRS, DPM, and VMware EVC
- Upgrading and Patching using vSphere Update Manager
- Using vSphere Certificate Manager Utility
- Using vSphere Management Assistant
- Performance Monitoring in a vSphere Environment