- Hardcover: 352 pages
- Publisher: Jonathan Cape; Revised edition edition (8 October 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0224102486
- ISBN-13: 978-0224102483
- Product Dimensions: 17.8 x 3.8 x 24.1 cm
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #5,65,001 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ 165.00 Delivery charge
Unreasonable Behaviour: The Updated Autobiography Hardcover – 8 Oct 2015
Customers who bought this item also bought
"He has known all forms of fear, he's an expert in it. He has come back from God knows how many brinks, all different. His experience in a Ugandan prison alone would be enough to unhinge another man - like myself, as a matter of fact - for good. He has been forfeit more times than he can remember, he says. But he is not bragging. Talking this way about death and risk, he seems to be implying quite consciously that by testing his luck each time, he is testing his Maker's indulgence." (John le Carré)
"If this was just a book of McCullin's war photographs it would be valuable enough. But it is much more." (Sunday Correspondent)
"From the opening...there is hardly a dull sentence: his prose is so lively and uninhibited... An excellent book." (Sunday Telegraph)
"If anyone is the living embodiment of the power of a photo, it is Don McCullin." (Christina Lamb Sunday Times)
"This is a great book not just for those with an interest in photography, but also for those with an interest in modern history." (Oliver Atwell Amateur Photographer)
‘McCullin is required reading if you want to know what real journalism is all about.’ - Times Literary Supplement
The updated autobiography published for McCullin's 80th birthday.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
This book sheds some light on McCullin the man. The book can't possibly give you a complete picture: I'm not sure any one source can do that but along with interviews and other readings, this book helps give you a sense of what it takes to put your life on the line as a war photographer and the price paid for witnessing historic but awful events. I've gained a new respect for him that's for sure and I'd encourage anyone with an interest in war reporting to invest ion this book.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts, Film & Photography > Photography
- Books > Biographies, Diaries & True Accounts > Biographies & Autobiographies
- Books > Biographies, Diaries & True Accounts > True Accounts
- Books > Business & Economics > Industries & Business Sectors
- Books > Language, Linguistics & Writing > Journalism
- Books > Textbooks > Communication & Journalism > Journalism
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > History > Military